Julius, is originally of Warren Central in Indiana. He signed to play ball at the University of Iowa and stayed there from 2018-2020, logging 5 starts, 17 tackles, and 1 INT. After transferring to Kansas State in 2021 he started 27 games, recorded 94 tackles, and had 5 INTs. He earned 2022 All-Big 12 First (Coaches) & Second Team (AP) honors as well as Academic honors.
Position CB | Round: 2-3
Height 6026 | Weight: 198
Arm Length 34" | Hand: 9 5/8
Wingspan 82 5/8
Vertical 41.5" | 2nd*
Broad Jump 11’ 6" | 1st*
3-Cone 6.63 s | 1st*
20-yard Shuttle 4.05 s | 1st*
40-yard Dash 4.53 s | 14th*
*Among DBs at the ‘23 NFL Combine
His Pro Comps are, among others, Jeff Okudah, Jaycee Horn.
- Exceptional size and length. Explosive burst and force.
- Great anticipation and awareness. Enormous functional range.
- Little wasted move movement. Instant reactionary footwork
- Fantastic reactions when attacking short routes and recognizing passes out the backfield
- Great athleticism translates when tracking the ball. He can flip his hips smoothly but fluidly and he uses his movement momentum really well
- Creates outside leverage to attack the ball at the catch point.
- His wide range and radius allow him to jam the catch point leading to pass breakups
- Has sharp cuts and his instincts translate into his anticipatory footwork
- Plays with violent velocity and is a solid tackler
- Excels against the run and uses his power and twitchy athleticism to get downhill
- Scheme versatile and has experience in various coverages and positions.
- Inconsistent in saying on top of deep routes
- Tends to use his hands more than need be
- Appears less aggressive in press-man coverage
- Needs to add to his functional strength profile
- He needs to use his hands and physicality to shed blocks in the run game more consistently
- Needs to develop his ball skills
- Processing seems a tick slow at times, leading to easy completions, or missed chances for INTs
Senior Bowl 1v1: