As you know, I like to play (and stir), the name debate game a bit on my social media account. It just MAY or MAY NOT have anything to do with...nothing.
I am now more confident than at any time since we retired Redskins, that the new name will have significant ties to the area.— Mark Tyler(Hogs Haven) (@Tiller56) August 1, 2021
Let me repeat - SIGNIFICANT ties to the area!
It will not be generic. It will not be random.
I guess we have our new name folks...— Mark Tyler(Hogs Haven) (@Tiller56) August 2, 2021
This is both subtle and sneaky smart by the team
Today is the team’s first padded practice of training camp, so I’m sure that will garner a lot of headlines. But, with all the vaccine talk monopolizing the comments section as of late, I figured this could give us a break from hearing everyone’s political and social viewpoint of that, and instead focus on everyone’s political and social viewpoint of the team’s new name.
The Clubhouse leaders:
- Commanders (I strongly believe this is the clubhouse leader)
*In some way shape or form, each of these has a tie to the DMV area.
The Wild Cards:
- Hogs/Wild Hogs
- The Washington Football Team/The Washington Football Club
Destroyers: In naval terminology, a destroyer is a fast, maneuverable, long-endurance warship intended to escort larger vessels in a fleet, convoy or battle group and defend them against powerful short range attackers.
- Some may feel this has a negative connotation, but if you look at the definition, a Destroyer escorts and protects the fleet, defending them against enemy attack.
Avengers: A person or group who takes revenge for an offense or wrong-doing perpetrated against them.
- Not only would this be bad-ass, but if we ever move to D.C., the DC Avengers would have quite the ring to it!
- Gold is simple, pays tribute to our past heritage, and shouldn’t offend the 49ers TOO much.
- Just because it’s my favorite movie...
What is your favorite name option for the Washington Football Team?
This poll is closed
Other (please list in the comments section)