Tyler Johnson, WR
School: University of Minnesota | Conference: Big Ten
College Experience: Senior | Age: 21
Height / Weight: 6-1 / 206 lbs
Projected Draft Status: Rounds 2-3
NFL Comparison: Stefon Diggs, Wide Receiver, Buffalo Bills
Tyler Johnson, in 49 career games, finished his collegiate career with over 3,300 yards on 213 catches, 33 touchdowns, and 16 100-yard receiving games. Johnson was a member of the first-team All-Big Ten Team twice, 2019’s Most Outstanding Offensive Player Award, the 2016 Offensive Freshman of the Year, and a 2017 All-Big Ten honorable mention.
- Ball Skills / Contested catch ability / Ball Tracking
- Good IQ / Zone beater
- Patient Route Runner / Excellent Body Control
- Top tier physicality / Very competitive player / Fearless receiver
- Good run after catch ability & field vision
- Elite production
- Unimpressive in run game - Is it a lack of interest or does Johnson need to develop?
- Concentration drops occur too often
- How can Tyler handle top tier man coverage on the NFL level?
How he would fit on the Redskins
Tyler Johnson’s production is undeniable and should be taken into account, regardless of the questions surrounding his athletic ability. Furthermore, Johnson’s strengths will be a great addition to the Redskins receiver core, as he has the potential to develop into a true number one target. Understand that this would not be a Josh Doctson experiment, Johnson can play outside and in the slot and has an aggressive play-style that can make him a headache to defend.