Just like they always seem to do - our team shit the bed when we needed a W the most. With a chance to clinch the horrid NFC East after the Giants lost to the Ravens in the early game, the Football Team came out flat, and looked horrible on offense(mainly due to the play of one individual), losing 20-13 to the Panthers.
In some good news...Superman finally received his “C”!
Yes, the very DESERVING Chase Young was made a team captain before Sunday’s game, taking over for the DISGRACED Dwayne Haskins who previously held that honor until it was stripped from his last week due to his role in breaking team COVID guidelines and being a general knucklehead!
Anyways, on to the Studs and Duds followed by some notes.
J.D. McKissic - McKissic led the team in receiving, hauling in eight receptions for 77 yards and a beautiful diving touchdown from Heinicke in the end zone where he was also being interfered with. He’s our best receiver with McLaurin out.
Chase Young - Another game, another stellar performance from the rookie! Young was responsible for two turnovers; one on an interception by Curl where he got around the edge and tipped the pass coming out of Bridgewater’s hand, and the other on a strip-sack which he recovered his own fumble. He ended up with four tackles, one for a loss, a sack, a pass defended a forced fumble a fumble recovery and multiple pressures.
Daron Payne - Payne was very stout in the middle, recording four tackles, two for a loss, a sack and a quarterback hit.
Cole Holcomb - Holcomb played a solid game, recording a team-leading 11 tackles, one for a loss, a sack and a quarterback hit.
Kendall Fuller - Fuller was in lock-down mode all afternoon and his tackling was outstanding to boot. He had six tackles, one for a loss and a pass defended.
Ronald Darby - Just like his counterpart on the other side, Darby was outstanding in coverage all afternoon. He racked up three tackles, one for a loss and had three passes defended. He needs to be extended here in the offseason.
Dwayne Haskins - Somewhere, Jay Gruden must be smirking knowing he was right, and the great Joe Theismann must literally be kicking himself for agreeing to allow this clown to wear the number seven.
Dwayne may have played one of the worst halves of football I have ever seen. I was a Haskins supporter, but I now NEVER want to see him representing our team on the football field ever again - and now after his release, we never will!
From the great Bud Kilmer - Shit, you poisoned my team, son!
Steven Sims Jr. - His nice sideline toe-tapping catch does nothing to erase the muffed punt that was recovered in the end zone by the Panthers for a touchdown. He’s had a terrible season, which seems to be getting worse, and I hope he’s cut in 2021.
Antonio Gandy-Golden - On a team so desperate for ANYONE to step up on the outside, Gandy-Golden has done ZILCH! Hell, the guy has more drops than he does receptions! I understand he just returned from injury - but that does not excuse him from the sloppy routes, drops and poor blocking attempts.
Jeremy Reaves - Although he far better than Troy Apke, Jeremy Reaves struggled quite a bit against the Panthers. He was beat deep by Samuel and missed some tackles on the afternoon(which is uncharacteristic from what we have seen up to yesterday’s game).
- There wasn’t much this coaching staff could have done to mask the HORRIBLE quarterback play by Haskins and the loss of Terry McLaurin. I get Turner was trying to be creative, but you can’t take the smell off shit!
- I don’t think there was a receiver on the field yesterday who should crack the three deep in 2021. That position needs to be SIGNIFICANTLY upgraded next year. It was actually very embarrassing.
- Antonio Gibson was running hard and the O-line was generating a solid push up front. Unfortunately, once we fell behind by 20, the need to pass the ball took over.
- On a very positive note, this offensive line was, and had been, clicking. If we can lock both Scherff and Roullier up this offseason, we may be just one left tackle away from a very good unit. The play of Wes Schweitzer has been a pleasant surprise. I think he’s a keeper.
- Jon Allen had some really nice splash plays inside for us. Although he’s not stuffing the stat sheet with sacks, his pressures and QB hits are impressive.
- Curl has been playing very well, but from a tackling and coverage standpoint, this was not his best game. He did have a interception off the deflected pass Chase Young altered though.