Are you interested in writing for the best Redskins website on the internet? As one of the leading sites on SB Nation, our work is syndicated with Yahoo! Sports, and has been cited on national outlets like ESPN, Deadspin, Bleacher Report, Fox Sports and more. In addition, our writers are well-known in the DC market, and have had several opportunities to be interviewed and featured on local media outlets. We have tens of thousands of readers per day and are regularly viewed by present and former players, their agents, and members of the media.
Hogs Haven is looking for writers who are willing to contribute original ideas and analysis on a weekly basis.
An ideal candidate would have:
- Excellent writing skills
- The time and ability to commit to regular contributions
- A strong grasp of written English
- A self-starter who doesn’t need a lot of direction or oversight
- An interest in being active participants in our community of discussion
- A passion for the Redskins and football in general
We are looking for all types of writers. Are you interested in news? Or do you like promoting discussion with opinion pieces? Maybe you’re a former player or coach that likes the X’s and O’s? We welcome all types of authors into the fold.
In particular, we are looking for folks who are interested and have demonstrated experience in writing game recaps. These are regularly our most viewed pieces on the site, to view some examples check: here, here, or here.
If you’re interested, please follow the following steps!
1) Head over to the FanPost section. We would like our potential authors to submit a minimum of three articles over the span of three weeks (with at least one post per week).
2) The articles will be edited by our staff and, if high enough quality, elevated to the front page. The intent is for aspiring writers to show they can commit to writing strong pieces over a span of time. We aren’t looking for someone to write for a month and then disappear. We want those that are really interested in Redskins football and those that want to stick around.
3) Once you’ve fulfilled the above steps, send an email with links to your stories to HogsHaven.Editorial@gmail.com with the subject line Hogs Haven Writer Application. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to email us here as well!
Be sure to include your full name in the email, and feel free to include links to any of your previous work (if applicable, but certainly not required) and a brief cover letter or personal statement outlining why you’re interested in writing for Hogs Haven.
As a community site, our search for new writers always begins in the FanPost section — this is a great way to get your work out in front of a large audience and can be a useful stepping stone to bigger and better opportunities (and maybe even love!) We’re also looking for podcast hosts too, for more details check here.
So please start joining in with the conversation and we look to see you around!