It’s July. Free Agency is finished. The draft is in the books. Training Camp is 2 weeks away, and it seems like a good time to consider how the Redskins stack up against their division rivals.
Today, I’d like to think about Edge Rushers in the NFC East. The Redskins have spent a lot of draft capital — and some money in free agency — in recent seasons trying to improve the pass rush. There’s a lot we don’t know about the ‘Skins rush, though.
- We’ve got a new defensive coordinator in Greg Manusky
- Junior Galette still hasn’t played a regular season down for the Redskins
- Ryan Anderson is a rookie
- Preston Smith seemed to suffer a sophomore slump last season
- Trent Murphy... Suspended first 4 games, and is he a DE or an OLB?
- Can Ryan Kerrigan achieve more if he gets more help from the D-coordinator or the Strong-side LB?
How does the Redskins group of edge rushers stack up against the other rushers in the NFC East?
- Which NFC East team will have the best pass rush this season?
- Which NFC East pass rusher is the scariest for opposing offenses?
- How many times will Kirk Cousins get sacked in 2017?
Here are a few key names from the other three teams to help you form your thoughts:
Jason Pierre-Paul, Olivier Vernon, Owamagbe Odighizuwa
Chris Long, Vinny Curry, Derek Barnett, Brandon Graham
Demarcus Lawrence, Taco Charlton, Tyrone Crawford, Damontre Moore
Suspended Cowboys: Randy Gregory, David Irving
How many sacks will the Redskins defense get in 2017?
This poll is closed