Adam Bisnowaty, OT
School: Pittsburgh | Conference: ACC
College Experience: RS Senior | Age: 23
Height / Weight: 6-6 / 304 lbs
Projected Draft Status: 3rd or 4th Round
NFL Comparison: Ty Sambrailo
Adam Bisnowaty might be one of the most polarizing offensive line prospects in this draft. He’s a three-year starter that manned the left tackle position for Pitt. There are some that think he is so raw that he can’t play in the NFL (gross exaggeration IMO) and there are others that think he has great upside and all he needs to do it work on his technique. His kick slide is almost comical to watch. He plays too upright and is a serial bender. There are some things to like as well: He is much better in the run game than in pass protection and can really show off his power there. He can climb to the second level and plays with good effort and attitude. Bisnowaty was one of the more hyped offensive line prospects at the beginning of the season but it's clear he needs a year or two before he is ready to be thrust into a starting role. In the meantime, his is going to provide some solid depth for a team particularly at the right tackle position (that's where is is projected in the NFL) and can be used on run plays as an extra blocker.
- Good size, length, and build to play the tackle position with room to add more weight.
- Has a decent punch and arm extension to keep defenders at bay.
- Moves well in open space and getting to the next level. A decent athlete that knows how to make running lanes he will find another guy to block.
- Is a little spicy. Will get into it with defenders and is a mauler/phone booth type player.
- Technique needs major refinement. Kick slide is funny and lacks quickness and depth.
- When he loses leverage he will lunge and bend narrowing his base which compromises his balance.
- Injury history including back and ankle injuries that have kept him out of games each season.
- Pad level pad level pad level.
Let’s see his work:
Bisnowaty: liked more than expected. LT possible but really like him on the right side. Punch won me over. Riser. Rd 2-3.— Matt Miller (@nfldraftscout) February 24, 2017
Adam Bisnowaty just looked out of place in Mobile.— Brent Sobleski (@brentsobleski) January 28, 2017
Y'all know I won't back down from negative evals too. Not sure Adam Bisnowaty or Kutztown's Jordan Morgan have proven draftable here.— Jon Ledyard (@LedyardNFLDraft) January 26, 2017
How He Would Fit On The Redskins
The Redskins have re-signed Vinston Painter and Ty Nsekhe but still, need to add another lineman to the mix. Preferably someone young who can be molded. Bisnowaty is that player who could man both tackle positions in a pinch. Some may prefer an OG/C prospect if we were to add another guy to the mix as opposed to an OT prospect but objectively both are needed. Bisnowaty would be an investment in the future of the position and I believe he can be coached up to correct a lot of his issues. The offensive line struggled at times creating running lanes last year and though Bisnowaty wouldn't be a starter this year he could help in short-yardage and goal line situations - two areas where the OL unit was lackluster last year. His power and effectiveness in close quarters blocking on runs is something the line needs. Depending on how the draft unfolds I would welcome a player like him with open arms especially if he fell to the 4th round.