The 5 o’clock club aims to provide a forum for reader-driven discussion at a time of day when there isn’t much NFL news being published. Feel free to introduce topics that interest you in the comments below.
(Hat tip to ADMHailVictoy who sent me an email a while back suggesting ‘bold predictions’ as an entertaining topic for a 5 o’clock club post. I needed a good idea with the bye week!)
The Redskins have finished the first quarter of the season, with three quarters to go.
We’ve got a week to rest and regroup.
It’s time to make some bold predictions:
Use the comments section to offer bold predictions:
- about this weekend’s games
- about any players
- about the Redskins
- about the NFC East
- about the entire league
- about the playoffs
- about 2018 free agency and draft
How daring can you be?
Tell us what the rest of the season holds for Redskins fans and all fans of the NFL.
As a primer, I’ll offer my “bold predictions” for the 13 games still on tap this weekend.
Find the winner in bold in the list below.
(that’s what makes them BOLD predictions... get it?? did you see what i did there??)
- Cardinals @ Eagles
- Jaguars @ Steelers
- Titans @ Dolphins
- Chargers @ Giants
- 49ers @ Colts
- Bills @ Bengals
- J-E-T-S @ Browns
- Panthers @ Lions
- Ravens @ Raiders
- Seahawks @ Rams
- Packers @ Cowboys
- Chiefs @ Texans <<<Upset of the week***
- Vikings @ Bears
Based on my predictions, the NFC East will look like this on Monday:
Eagles 4-1 (2-0)
Redskins 2-2 (0-1)
Cowboys 2-3 (1-0)
Giants 1-4 (0-2)
For a better example of what bold predictions look like, consider this comment from Mark Tyler posted a few days ago:
- The Patriots will not make another Super Bowl for at least a decade (some much for those ass-hats who predicted 16-0 !)
- The Packers will keep finding ways to win as long as they have Aaron Rodgers
- The Lions are sneaky good
- The Chiefs are the most complete team in the NFL
- The Falcons are becoming scary with that defense
- TB was overrated coming into the season
- The colts are the worst team in the NFL, and will be trading Luck sooner rather than later
- In 3 years the strength of the 49ers will be on Defense
- Russel Wilson’s "luck" is running out
- The Raiders will catch fire in the 2nd half of the season and make a deep playoff run
- D Watson will become exposed as soon as teams get some film on him
- The Vikings are the most unfortunate team this season due to injuries
- The Panthers are about to go on a big run – led by Newton and their Defense
- The Bills May just be for real!
- Marvin Lewis will be fired at season’s end
- The Browns will be Drafting Saquon Barkley
Posted by Mark Tyler on Oct 5, 2017 | 8:44 PM
Now, those are some bold predictions!!
Let’s hear YOUR bold predictions in the comments.
How many games will the Redskins win after the Bye Week?
This poll is closed
I’m sorry, I don’t understand the concept of "bold predictions"