The Washington Redskins have signed Duke OL Takoby Cofield. Cofield (6'4", 310 lbs.) is the 12th UDFA to sign with the Redskins since the draft ended.
Redskins GM Scot McCloughan initially said that the team planned to being in 13 UDFAs which would mean there is potentially one more to be signed. 11 others were signed yesterday. They include:
- Reggie Bell, WR, San Diego
- Brey Cook, OL, Arkansas
- Corey Crawford, DE, Clemson
- Dyshawn Davis, LB, Syracuse
- Connor Halliday, QB, Washington State
- Tony Jones, WR, Northwestern
- Ty Long, K, UAB
- Devin Mahina, TE, BYU
- Terrance Plummer, LB, Central Florida
- Tyler Rutenbeck, WR, Dubuque
- Trey Williams, RB, Texas A&M
The two biggest names on that list are probably Halliday and Williams. Cofield joins them on that same level as a coveted UDFA who could have potentially been drafted. It's been reported that he received a $25K signing bonus.
In a corresponding move, the Redskins have also announced that they have waived OT Xavier Nixon.