Welcome to the 2nd Annual Hogs Haven Mock Draft Contest. Mock Draft fatigue has set in and everyone wants draft season to end, but we've still got two days left before it's show time. Everyone knows about Fanspeak's Mock Draft Simulator, and once again you can use that tool, or simply make your own mock draft to enter this contest. We're kicking the contest off last minute, but it should give you a little sense of urgency to get your Scot McCloughan on, and try to predict what the team's new GM will do this year. The rules will be the same as last year, and you can check out the results here.
1. There is only one entry allowed per person. The last mock draft that you post in the contest thread before the deadline will be considered your entry.
2. No trades allowed. You are only picking for the 7 draft picks the Redskins currently have in the 2015 NFL Draft. (5, 38, 69, 105, 141, 182, 222)
3. Tie Breaker Guess must be included in your final entry.
4. You must use the official Contest Entry Template provided or your entry will not count.
5. The deadline for entries is Thursday, April, 30, 2015 at 7:59 pm EST.
6. There will be a prize awarded to the winner TBA.
7. Winner will be announced May 4th, 2015 - May 6th, 2015
8. You must designate 1 position for a player, and it must be a position they play or project to play in the NFL. All safeties(FS or SS) will count as one position. Defensive linemen(DE or DT) will count as one position(DL). (All other positions will be subject to Hogs Haven staff's discretion)
1 point: Guess the correct position of any draft pick
ex: If you have 2 RBs in your draft and only 1 is selected, you only score 1 time
6 points: Guess the correct position in the correct round
ex: If you mock a WR in the 6th round and the Redskins draft one there, 6 points for you
11 points: Guess the correct player
ex: If you pick Laken Tomlinson in the 3rd but he is picked by the Skins in the 2nd, that's 11 points.
20 points: guess the correct player in the correct round
ex: The big scorer. 100% accuracy on player and round will help you win this contest
In the event of a tie, the judges will use the contestant's tiebreaker entries to determine a winner.
Tiebreaker Question: How many trades will occur during the 2015 Draft?
Round 1(#5): Vic Beasley, OLB, Clemson
Round 2(#34): Cedric Ogbuehi, OT, Texas A&M
Round 3(#69): Chris Conley, WR, Georgia
Round 4(#105): Rakeem Nunez-Roches, DL, Southern Mississippi
Round 5(#141): Kurtis Drummond, FS, Michigan State
Round 6(#182): Josh Robinson, RB, Mississippi State
Round 7(#222): Tray Walker, CB, Southern Texas
Washington Redskins Sample Draft:
Round 1(#5): Vic Beasley, OLB, Clemson Points = 20(Correct Player in Correct Round)
Round 2(#38): Laken Tomlinson, OG, Duke Points = 0(Player and position not selected)
Round 3(#69): Ameer Abdullah, RB, Nebraska Points = 1(Correct Position)
Round 4(#105): Sean Mannion, QB, Oregon State Points = 0(Player and position not selected)
Round 5(#141): Durrell Eskridge, FS, Syracuse Points = 6(Correct Position in Correct Round)
Round 6(#182): Tray Walker, CB, Southern Mississippi Points = 11(Correct Player)
Round 7(#222): Xavier Williams, DL, Northern Iowa Points = 1(Correct Position)
Total Points: 39
Contest Entry Template: