Position: Running Back
Height: 5'10" Weight: 210 lbs
College: Missouri Western State
Drafted: Undrafted Free Agent
Michael Hill's time as an NFL running back has been short and he hasn't seen much game action or been with a team for a full season in his two-year career. He now will hopefully be able to make the Washington Redskins 2015 roster. Here's what you should know:
#1. Michael Brandon Hill hails from St.Joseph's, Missouri. He went to Central High School where he was a Hustler of the Year award recipient as a freshman and sophomore (2005 & 2006) and an all-City, all-Conference, and all-District selection as a sophomore and junior (2006 & 2007). The accolades kept coming for him as he was also an all-News-Press and all-State running back in addition to an all-City, all-Conference and all-District linebacker.
#2. Hill went to Division II school Missouri Western State University. In 2008 he redshirted and saw no game action. As a freshman (2009), he carried the ball 180 times for 792 yards (4.4 yards per rush) and saw the end zone eight times. As a sophomore (2010) he earned an all-MIAA (Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association) honorable mention. He had rushing numbers close to his freshman year: 704 yards on 172 carries (4.1 yards per rush) with three rushing touchdowns. He also showed some pass catching ability as he caught 27 passes for 269 yards and two touchdowns. He registered a career best five reception, 130 yard and two touchdown performance against the Washburn Ichabods on September 18, 2010.
In his junior season (2011), he broke 1,000 yards rushing and gathered multiple accolades. He started all 12 games for Missouri Western State and ran the ball 265 times for 1,305 (4.9 yards per carry) and eight touchdowns. He rushed for over 100 yards five times that season and averaged 130.2 all-purpose yards per game and 108.8 rushing yards per game.
Here are the 2011 accolades he received:
- MIAA Offensive Player of the Week on October 31, 2011
- • First Team all-MIAA
- • Second Team Daktronics Super Region Four
- • Second Team Don Hansen Super Region Four
- • Honorable Mention Don Hansen all-American
- • Honorable Mention Beyond Sports Network all-American
- Played in first ever Raycom College Football All-Star Classic (Offensive MVP)
- • D2Football.com Offensive Player of the Year
- • D2Football.com First Team All-American
- • Finalist for the Harlon Hill Trophy
- • MIAA Offensive Player of the Year
- • First Team All-MIAA
- • First Team Daktronics All-America
- • First Team Daktronics Super Region Three
- • First Team Beyond Sports Network all-American
- • Raycom College Football All-Star Classic MVP
#3. He was an undrafted free agent in the class of 2013 and was signed by the San Diego Chargers in April 2013 only to released in the session of final cuts. He then joined the Green Bay Packers practice squad that September and switched back and forth between the active roster and practice squad for a month. He made his NFL debut against the Detroit Lions October 6, 2013 and then he was signed to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers active roster and played six games with that team.