Everyone has had the last few months to hone their mock drafting skills using Fanspeak's Mock Draft Simulator, and now it is time to put that practice to the test. We are proud to present the 1st Annual Hogs Haven Mock Draft Contest. Over the next 15 days, we will be accepting mock draft entries for the Washington Redskins draft picks. Use this post, and any subsequent posts to submit your entry and prove that you are indeed the best mocker on Hogs Haven.
This year should be interesting with no 1st round pick, a new Head Coach, GM, and offensive and defensive(?) schemes. The team also still has areas that could use new starters, and depth is needed everywhere. The more accurate your picks are, the higher your score will be. This contest is open to all members of Hogs Haven, even the vocal anti-mock draft militia.
1. There is only one entry allowed per person. The last mock draft that you post in any of the contest threads before the deadline will be considered your entry.
2. No trades allowed. You are only picking for the 6 draft picks the Redskins currently have in the 2014 NFL Draft. (34, 66, 102, 142, 178, 217)
3. Tie Breaker Guess must be included in your final entry.
4. You must use the official Contest Entry Template provided or your entry will not count.
5. The deadline for entries is Wednesday, May 7, 2014 at 11:59 EST.
6. There will be a prize awarded to the winner TBA.
7. Winner will be announced 5/12/2014-5/14/2014.
8. You must designate 1 position for a player, and it must be a position they play or project to play in the NFL.
ex: Michael Schofield can be listed as OT or OG, but not ILB.
1 point: Guess the correct position of any draft pick
ex: If you have 2 RBs in your draft and only 1 is selected, you only score 1 time
6 points: Guess the correct position in the correct round
ex: If you mock a WR in the 6th round and the Redskins draft one there, 6 points for you
11 points: Guess the correct player
ex: If you pick Marcus Martin in the 3rd but he is picked by the Skins in the 2nd, that's 11 points.
20 points: guess the correct player in the correct round
ex: The big scorer. 100% accuracy on player and round will help you win this contest
In the event of a tie, the judges will use the contestant's tiebreaker entries to determine a winner.
Tiebreaker Question: How many trades will occur during the 2014 Draft?
Round 2(#34): Cyrus Kouandjio, OT, Alabama
Round 3(#66): Christian Jones, ILB, FSU
Round 4(#102): Justin Ellis, NT, Louisiana Tech
Round 5(#142): Charles Sims, RB, West Virginia
Round 6(#178): Kevin Norwood, WR, Alabama
Round 7(#217): Dontae Johnson, CB, North Carolina State
Washington Redskins Sample Draft:
Round 2(#34): Cyrus Kouandjio, OT, Alabama Points = 20(Correct Player in Correct Round)
Round 3(#66): Stanley Jean-Baptiste, CB, Nebraska Points = 1(Correct Position)
Round 4(#102): Max Bullough, ILB, Michigan State Points = 1(Correct Position)
Round 5(#142): Justin Ellis, NT, Louisiana Tech Points = 11(Correct Player)
Round 6(#178): Jeff Janis, WR, Saginaw Valley Points = 6(Correct Position in Correct Round)
Round 7(#217): Pat O'Donnell, P, Miami Points = 0
Total Points: 39
Contest Entry Template: