Happy Good Friday to you all! Hopefully, many of you are enjoying a nice long Easter weekend.
In the spirit of all that is holy -...........................NO, I'm not talking about Tim Tebow; the NFL Draft, darn you. Get your head out of the gutter - let's get into some draft discussion!
Let me get you started off with some highly controversial opinions:
- Cyrus Kouandjio is the 3rd best offensive tackle in this draft class, and if he's there at pick 34, we'd be crazy not to sprint to the podium to select him.
- Bradley Roby will be the best CB in this draft class when all is said and done. I expect multiple Pro Bowls.
Blake Bortles will be the first QB drafted.
- Dri Archer will become the next Sproles-type player. We'd be crazy not to consider him if he's around in the 4th.
- Mike Evans, and Johnny Manziel will both bust.
- Ryan Shazier and Johnny Manziel are the most over-rated players in this draft.
- Xavier Su'a-Filo and Jordan Matthews are two of the most under-rated prospects in this draft.
- David Yankey and Louchiez Purifoy are sinking like bricks.
- Aaron Donald, Greg Robinson, Dee Ford and Khalil Mack have risen the most since the end of the season.
- Brandin Cooks was helped most by the combine.
- Louchiez Purifoy was hurt most by the combine.
- DeAndre Coleman(DT from CAL) is a prospect no one is talking about who will make an impact on his team as a rookie.
- Sammy Watkins will be a Pro Bowl player as a rookie.
- Wide Receiver is the deepest position in this draft.
- Safety is the weakest position in this draft, with center being a close second.
- There is not a running back I'd take in the first round. The best running back of this group will be drafted after the 3rd round.
- My small school stud is Pierre Desir, CB, Lindenwood.
- The one player who is projected to go in the first three rounds, who I would not touch, is Cameron Fleming.
- The two players I'd move up into the first to get if they were still around in the mid-20's, are HaHa Clinton-Dix and Zack Martin.
- The steal of this draft will be __________________.
Let the debating begin!