Work has gotten the best of me again this week. Three 15-hour work days in a row to start off the week takes a little bit out of you and I haven't even been on a computer all week. I apologize to readers who have grown accustomed to receiving this column by early Thursday afternoon. I know I missed any advice about the Cowboys game last night, but I'm not too upset. It's the Cowboys...
The time crunch will have to cause another abridged version of Start 'Em/Sit 'Em again this week, but I don't anticipate any issues with the regular format returning for week 15.
Last week I went 3-0. That brings my records up to 9-4, 8-5, and 9-4 (26-13 combined). My rankings are *2/10, *5/12, and *2/14 (* = clinched playoff spot). In the Hogs Haven league, our playoffs begin this week. I missed out on being one of the top two teams (who receive first-round byes), but I'm in the Championship Bracket as the #5 seed. In my third league (14 teams) our playoffs also begin this week though I received a first-round bye as the #2 overall seed.
As for this week (not including last night's Cowboys-Bears game), here are some names that I recommend you either start or sit.
- Ryan Tannehill, MIA (vs Baltimore Ravens)
- Ben Roethlisberger, PIT (@ Cincinnati Bengals)
- Philip Rivers, SD (vs New England Patriots)
- Ryan Fitzpatrick, HOU (@ Jacksonville Jaguars)
- Mark Sanchez, PHI (vs Seattle Seahawks)
- Andy Dalton, CIN (vs Pittsburgh Steelers)
- C.J. Anderson, DEN (vs Buffalo Bills)
- Alfred Morris, WAS (vs St. Louis Rams)
- Isaiah Crowell, CLE (vs Indianapolis Colts)
- Shane Vereen, NE (@ San Diego Chargers)
- Denard Robinson, JAX (vs Houston Texans)
- Frank Gore, SF (@ Oakland Raiders)
Green Bay WR's (vs Atlanta Falcons) AND Atlanta WR's (@ Green Bay Packers)
- Kelvin Benjamin, CAR (@ New Orleans Saints)
- Josh Gordon, CLE (vs Indianapolis Colts)
Arizona WR's (vs Kansas City Chiefs) AND Kansas City WR's (@ Arizona Cardinals)
- Martavis Bryant, PIT (@ Cincinnati Bengals)
- Vincent Jackson, TB (@ Detroit Lions)
- Delanie Walker, TEN (vs New York Giants)
- Antonio Gates, SD (vs New England Patriots)
- Charles Clay, MIA (vs Baltimore Ravens)
- Owen Daniels, BAL (@ Miami Dolphins)
- Vernon Davis, SF (@ Oakland Raiders)
- Eric Ebron, DET (vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers)
I truly am sorry about the delay. I'll be in the comments section as much as I can between now and Sunday morning (though I have a very busy weekend, too). Hopefully next week I'll have some more time. Plus, if you've been following this column all year, you're probably already set as a playoff contender and have a stacked team and don't need this advice anymore. Probably...
Please leave any fantasy related questions you might have in the comments section and I'll try to answer as many and as quickly as I can. It's fun to get everyone's perspectives on this week's match-ups floating around down there and I'm always interested to see what kind of decisions different fantasy players have to make. These are just general ideas for standard leagues, but we can all give and receive advice for unique situations as they come up. Good luck!