(4) Russ Grimm
Current Position: Unemployed
Specialty: Offensive Line
- He was an All-American Center at the University of Pittsburgh, a 4x Pro Bowler and 4x All-Pro with the Washington Redskins
- After retiring, he joined the Washington Redskins as a TE Coach (1992-1996) and then Offensive Line Coach (1997-2000). He was instrumental in the development of Chris Samuels and Jon Jansen.
- In 2000, Grimm joined the Pittsburgh Steelers coaching staff as the Offensive Line Coach. In 2004, he was promoted to Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Line
- Was a top candidate for the Chicago Bears Head Coaching job before it eventually went to Lovie Smith
- In 2005, behind Grimm's offensive line, the Steelers averaged 140 yards per game which ranked 5th in the NFL. They won the Super Bowl that year, giving Grimm his 4th ring (1 as Steelers coach, 3 as Redskins player)
- In 2006, behind Grimm's offensive line, Willie Parker rushed for 1,494 yards and 13 TDs and made the Pro Bowl. They had the 10th ranked rushing offense that year
- He was a finalist for the Steelers Head Coaching position after Bill Cowher resigned in 2007. The job eventually went to Mike Tomlin after reports originally stated that Grimm got the job. After that, he went to work with Ken Whisenhunt and the Arizona Cardinals as an Offensive Line Coach
- In Grimm's first year with the Cardinals, his offensive line only gave up 24 sacks, 6th best in the NFL and fewest given up by the Cardinals since 1978. His offensive line also paved the way for Edgerrin James's 1,222 which was the 5th best total in team history.
(13) Dean Pees
Current Position: Defensive Coordinator for the Baltimore Ravens
- Began coaching career in 1979 at the University of Findlay as their Defensive Coordinator and Secondary Coach. He coached there until 1982
- From 1983-1986, Pees coached at Miami University as their Defensive Coordinator and Secondary Coach
- From 1987-1989, Pees served as the Secondary Coach at the United States Naval Academy. He coached with Bill Belichick's father, Steve Belichick
- Pees went to the University of Toledo from 1990 to work under Nick Saban as the Defensive Coordinator. He stayed there till 1993
- In 1994, he was the Secondary Coach for the University of Notre Dame under Lou Holtz
- Pees again worked under Nick Saban from 1995-1997 at Michigan State University. He was the Defensive Coordinator and Inside Linebackers Coach
- Earned a head coaching job at Kent State University in 1998
- In 2004, Pees was hired by the New England Patriots and worked under Bill Belichick as a Linebackers Coach
- Pees replaced Eric Mangini as the Defensive Coordinator of the Patriots in 2005
- In 2010, he chose not to return to the Patriots. Instead, he accepted a job as the Linebackers Coach of the Baltimore Ravens. He worked under Rex Ryan
- He was named the Ravens Defensive Coordinator in 2010 when Rex Ryan left to coach the New York Jets. In 2011, the Ravens defense was ranked #3 in the league.
- The Ravens won the Super Bowl in 2012
Feel free to add any additional information/stories about either candidate in the comments section and it may be added to their bio.