Well, the news is as bad as can be for the injuries. Shanahan just addressed the media, which was broadcast on ESPN980:
- Brian Orakpo tore his pectoral (same one, different spot) and will be out 3-4 months. He's on IR. Chris Wilson and Rob Jackson will compete for the starting spot.
- Adam Carriker tore his quad and is out for the year. Grant Paulsen reported Jarvis Jenkins will take his spot with Kedric Golston getting time too.
- Josh Wilson is going through concussion tests and no word on his return date yet.
- Shanahan acknowledged Fred Davis should go through the concussion tests as well, and he was clearly upset no helmet-to-helmet flag was thrown.
- Brandon Meriweather thinks he can play this week, more to come on Wednesday.