With one preseason game under our belt, and only two days left in training camp, what better time to give my first attempt at our 53-man opening roster.
QB - Griffin III, Grossman, Cousins
- Not much to see here. This one goes as expected.
RB - Hightower, Helu, Royster, Young
- The order could get switched up, but Hightower, Helu and Royster are all safe bets. Young will remain at fullback, with Cooley giving him the occasianal rest.
WR - Garcon, Hankerson, Moss, Morgan, Robinson, Briscone
- Little bit of a surprise here with Robinson and Briscoe over fan favorites Banks and Armstrong.
TE - Davis, Paul, Cooley
- Not surprising here, even given Paul's early struggles.
OT - Williams, Polumbus, Compton, Smith, Moll
- No Brown may surprise some. Recent comments by Shanahan make me think he'll either be cut, or put on IR. I have Moll listed as a tackle, but he could also play guard, which is why I believe he sticks.
OG - Chester, LeRibeus, Hurt, Gettis
- The surprise here is no Lichtensteiger. I believe he starts the season on the PUP list. I have both drafted rookies making the active roster.
C - Montgomery
- Unfortunately, this team is without a true center, but we do have at leat four guys who can play the position if needed.
DE - Bowen, Carriker, Jenkins, Golston, Baker
- I have Baker listed as a DE, but he can also play NT. His versatility is what helps him make the roster.
NT - Cofield, Neild
- Not much to see here. As I mentioned above, Baker should factor heavily into this rotation as well.
OLB - Orakpo, Kerrigan, Jackson, Wilson
- Wilson make the team over White.
MLB - Fletcher, Riley, Robinson, Alexander
- Robinson and Alexander both make the active roster, and are immediate special teams contributors.
CB - Hall, Wilson, Crawford, Barnes, Griffin
- Crawford may just work his way into significant playing time as a rookie.
S - Meriweather, Jackson, Gomes, Doughty
- One safety spot could still be up in the air, but for now, I have Doughty making yet another cut.
K - Gano
P - Rocca
LS - Sundberg