Throughout season I will be highlighting some new Redskins players (both draft picks and free agent signings) to see how they are "fitting in". Since training camp hasn't started yet I thought I'd use this space to give predictions for the top 10 additions (based on performance) for the upcoming season.
1. WR Pierre Garcon- Garcon is expected to provide more of a big play receiving threat for the Skins, he might not be a number 1, but he could be a good number 2.
2. QB Robert Griffin- Griffin may have incredible potential, but he's still a rookie and as such I expect will see some rookie mistakes this year that will keep him from the top spot.
3. WR Josh Morgan- Morgan was the Skins other big free agent pick-up, and he could find his way to being a valuable member of the Redskins receiving corps. Especially with injury questions surrounding Leonard Hankerson.
4. CB Cedric Griffin- The Redskins really struggled when they'd have to bring in a third CB last year. If Griffin can just offer average play it will be an upgrade.
5. S Madieu Williams- I feel that either do to injury or ineffectiveness Williams will be forced into the starting role this season. I think he can do a solid job, and his special teams ability combined with his leadership gives him this high of a ranking.
6. Brandon Meriweather- If Meriweather ever decides to be accountable for his responsibilities on the field he could be a good safety. Not sure if the likelihood is too high though.
7. G Adam Gettis- I just get a feeling that Gettis will actually pass Josh LeRibeus on the depth chart, and given some of our offensive line uncertainty, that could mean a starting role at some point this season.
8. LB Keenan Robinson- Robinson can immediately impact the team on special teams. And given his ability in college to cover backs and TE's, he could start seeing some playing time during passing situations (an area where Riley struggles).
9. Tanard Jackson- Jackson makes this list by default pretty much, as he's expected to have a good shot at a starting role. I don't have high expectations for him as he usually costs his team more than he helps them.
10. Josh LeRibeus- The team is high on LeRibeus and with how much of a revolving door the Redskins line has been the last few years he could get a shot this season.
Who do you think are the top 10 new players for the Redskins?