NT Ian Williams, Notre Dame
Measurables: 6'1" 320
10 Split: 1.75
Bench Reps: 31
Vert: 28 ½
20 Yard Shuttle: 4.78
- A lot of experience playing in 37 games at ND
- Excels a run stopper
- Clogs gaps well, isn’t that what we want from a NT?
- Doesn’t stop until the whistle blows, hard worker
- Good student and leader, no character concerns
- Weight issue, does not have the body type to hold bulk
- Has NEVER recorded a sack
- Can get stuck on one blocker and can’t create seperation
- Hands need work
Why he makes sense for the Redskins:
Obviously we desperately need a Nose Tackle. But Williams would be a project and I project I’m not willing to take on with his risks, at his projected draft position. I still heavily prefer Kenrick Ellis, who I think has more of a nasty streak. It’s going to be sink or swim with Williams.
Williams will most likely go in the 4th round. There have been mixed combine results and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him slip to the 5th. In my eyes he could be worth taking in the 5th, but I wouldn’t take him earlier.