1. Watching football when the Skins are on their bye is frustrating. It is a very in-between kind of feeling. While I don't have the nad-aching soreness associated with being reminded of a Redskins loss during halftime highlights and ticker updates, I also don't get the boner-popping euphoria associated with halftime highlights of a big Skins win. Very odd indeed. There were some good games on yesterday, so that worked, but bye weeks are tough to stomach.
2. I attribute my emptiness yesterday to the fact that the Redskins have become one of the more exciting teams to watch this year. Mind you, they are not one of the better teams this year, just exciting. Their games come down to the very end, and you never know when a plot-twisting, gut-wrenching, mind-numbing coaching decision will be made that will not only impact the game but also your ability to have a normal bowel movement.
3. I was able to catch the very end of the Raiders--Chiefs game...just in time to see Jason Campbell move his team into field goal position TWICE at the end to tie and then win the freaking game. First, let me say that I am very happy for JC. Second, let me say I did not catch any of the rest of the game, so I have no idea how JC played in the previous 58 minutes. Finally...is it just me or does karma always work your beanbag like Manny Pacquioa in training for a prize fight?
4. Brandon Banks had knee surgery over the bye? Out for a couple weeks? I can just see it now...Monday Night Football...3rd quarter...down by 4 points to the Eagles...Eagles punting from their own 25...back goes Santana Moss...to the house.
5. Will Vick be the second quarterback in 2 years that comes to Washington via Philly?
6. I can't wait for the tailgate next Monday. I love Monday Night Football tailgates. My advice: do yourself a favor and get their before rush hour traffic. You are better off cooking some food and hanging out in the parking lot for an extra hour or three instead of sitting on the beltway in traffic listening to the first quarter on the radio.