Ginormous (congratulations!) thanks to Dan Steinberg at The Bog for providing the gambling lines to me at work without having to navigate frequently blocked-access betting sites. He has the scoop on all your future Redskins
* The Redskins are 4-1 to win the NFC East (lowest in the division), 20-1 to win the NFC and 50-1 to win the Super Bowl, ahead of just nine teams. The over-under for their-regular season win total is 7.5.I'm a degenerate gambler, not in the sense that I break the bank with my loose spending (I don't have any money to spend) but rather because I'm horrible at it. I am the George Costanza of gambling; if I say lock, you should walk away.
* The Redskins are also three-point favorites Week 1 vs. the Dolphins; the over-under is 36.5 for that game. The Skins are +7 at the Eagles in Week 2, +3 at the Packers in Week 6 (lock!!!!), +10.5 at the Patriots in Week 8, +3 vs. the Bears in Week 14, +5.5 at the Giants in Week 15 and +2.5 vs. the Cowboys in Week 17. I couldn't find preseason lines. Sorry.
Here's what I'd do:
- Do not take the NFC East at 4-1
- Do take the NFC at 20-1
- Do take the 50-1 for Super Bowl, because we're going!
- Walk away from the over/under
- Take us to beat the Dolphins on Week 1, but also the under
- Don't touch the Eagles bet until we've seen the Eagles
- Take Redskins against Packers, per Steinberg
- Do not touch Patriots game
- Do not touch the Bears game
- I guarantee victory over the Giants and Cowboys; take them