Per Ryan Wilson. Typically I'd quote the entire Redskins section, though I'm beginning to suspect that's dishonest and want to encourage reader(s) to scope out the entire thing via a link to FO. Cliff notes go something like this:
- Redskins had few draft picks.
- Redskins failed to draft a DE or D-Linemen, which is questionable given their lack of a pass rush last year.
- Jordan Palmer was a strange pick in the 6th round.
- Tyler Ecker was not as good as Ben Patrick, and the 'Skins could've gotten Ben Patrick for just a bit more.
- Sartz and Blades have a long ways to go towards making the team.
- Offensive line depth is still a concern.
But we did get a defensive end:
The club finally got their defensive end when they signed UCLA's Justin Hickman. Hickman's college defensive coordinator was DeWayne Walker, who served as the Redskins' cornerbacks coach in 2004 and 2005. According to the Post's Jason La Canfora, Hickman has an intimate knowledge of Washington's scheme.