Back on topic: Someone is going to get a free copy, and I'm soliciting advice on how to distinguish betwixt you all on merits. Trivia contest? Pick'em (though it's kind of late)? Best Redskins devotional diary? TexSkins suggested a Dungeons and Dragons tournament? I'm kidding. Or am I? Seriously, there's no limit to how pointless a contest I'm willing to institute, so long as one of you gives me cause to send out a Redskins Encyclopedia. I've got mine, and it rules. It can rule for you too.
Also, I have on good info from the author that he's going to be cruising the Virginia, Maryland, and D.C. area to talk about the book, if you're interested in shooting the breeze on Redskins history. Below you'll find a brief message from Mike Richman, the author of the R.E. and certifiable nice guy who has been a helpful ally to this space. If you want to contact Mike regarding the dates below or just talk Redskins history, his info is available here. If you can't wait for the free copy, click here. Enjoy.
Dear Redskins nation,
Would you like to become immersed in the history of one of the NFL's most storied franchises?
Check out The Redskins Encyclopedia, a 432-page history of the Redskins that represents the most comprehensive journalistic account of the team ever.
The Redskins Encyclopedia recounts the team's most memorable moments-such as the three Super Bowl wins in the glory years of the 1980s and early-90s, along with the less flattering periods in the team's history. You'll read summaries of the Redskins' seasons from 1932 to 2006, 75 in all, plus some 125 player and coach profiles. There's also a series of entertaining sidebars such as the Redskins' past distinction as the Team of the South; animated Redskins coach George Allen pursuing pro wrestler Andre the Giant in 1975; and the origin of the Redskins' fun-loving sub-groups in the early-1980s: the Hogs, the Fun Bunch and the Smurfs.
Some of you have already attended my signings and have purchased The Redskins Encyclopedia. Thank you very much.
But to those of you who have not heard of The Redskins Encyclopedia, I urge you to check out my Web site (www.redskinshistorian.com), which is often updated. You'll see a link to buy the book, which makes for a great holiday gift. Here are some of my upcoming signings during the holiday season:
· Barnes & Noble, Tysons Corner Center, McLean, VA -- Tuesday, Dec. 4, 7:30 - 9:30 p.m. - (w/ Pat Fischer)
· Redskins Hall of Fame Store, FedExField, Landover, MD -- Thursday evening, Dec. 6
(Signing of The Redskins Encyclopedia prior to the Redskins-Bears game)
· Richard Montgomery High School, Rockville, MD, "Stroll Down Memory Lane" -- Friday, Dec. 7, 6-8 p.m. (A signed copy of The Redskins Encyclopedia will be open to bidding in the Silent Auction.)
· Barnes & Noble, 4485 Virginia Beach Blvd., Virginia Beach, VA -- Saturday, Dec. 8, 2-4 p.m.
· B. Dalton Booksellers, Chesapeake, VA -- Sunday, Dec. 9, 1-3 p.m.
· Quarterback Club Redskins Player of the Year dinner, Sheraton Premiere, Tysons Corner, VA -- Tuesday, Dec. 11 (Order Tickets Online: http://washington.nqbc.com/seasonPackage/order_form.php)
· B. Dalton Booksellers, Union Station, Washington, D.C. -- Friday, Dec. 14, 4:30 p.m. - (w/ Pat Fischer)
THANK YOU AND HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
Redskins Historian & Freelance Writer
Author of The Redskins Encyclopedia