2013 Redskins Predictions:
1) Robert Griffin III will start all sixteen games. He will double the amount of interceptions thrown last year from 5 to 10 and will also run for 200 less yards, but will throw for 3,800 yards and 30 touchdowns. He will win the NFL Comeback Player of the Year award.
2) Alfred Morris broke the Redskins' season single rushing yard mark in 2012 with 1,613 rushing yards. In 2013, his rushing totals will come down to 1,300 yards and he will miss two games due to injury. Roy Helu Jr. will come through in a big way however, gaining almost 350 total yards in the two games Morris is out.
3) The Redskins will break the NFL's record of team sacks in a season that was originally set by the 1984 Chicago Bears who had 72. Ryan Kerrigan will lead the NFC with 17 sacks. Brian Orakpo will have 14 sacks and they will both make the Pro Bowl. The Redskins defense will improve from 28th overall in 2012 to finishing in the top 5 in 2013.
4) Brandon Meriweather's injuries will catch up to him by Week 2, at which point Jose Gumbs will become the starter at strong safety to team with free safety Bacarri Rambo to give the Redskins two rookies starting in the defensive backfield the remainder of the year.
5) By Week 3, there will be three rookies starting in the secondary, as Jim Haslett will tire of Josh Wilson's inconsistencies and will move David Amerson into a starting role opposite DeAngelo Hall. Wilson will be cut with an injury settlement and Chase Minnifield will be moved up from the practice squad.
6) The Redskins will start the season 3-1 and during the bye week, Mike Shanahan will get a three year contract extension. Along with the extension, there will be an "understanding" in place that Kyle Shanahan will take over as head coach when Mike's contract is up.
7) Chris Thompson will lead the NFC in kickoff and punt return average. He will also have two punt returns for touchdowns and one kick return for a score.
8) London Fletcher's streak of 240 consecutive regular season games played will continue through the 2013 season. He will then retire before the 2014 season and hand the reigns over to Perry Riley to play the "Mike" linebacker position. He will stay on with the team as an assistant linebackers coach and play a crucial role in the further development of Keenan Robinson when he returns from injury.
9) Pat White will remain on the team after Week 4 when suspended players Jarvis Jenkins and Rob Jackson return to the active roster. Phillip Merling will be released and Brandon Meriweather will be placed on the IR again. White will stay on the roster for the whole season and rush for five touchdowns.
10) The Redskins will win the NFC East with an 11-5 record and will beat the Seattle Seahawks in the NFC Championship game. Unfortunately, they will lose the Super Bowl to Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos.
They will return to the Super Bowl in 2014 and beat the Indianapolis Colts for the fourth Super Bowl victory in franchise history.
There you have it. All guaranteed to happen with no doubt whatsoever.
Enjoy the season!!!