The Philadelphia Eagles will suck in 2013 for a multitude of reasons. They will battle with the Dallas Cowboys for last place in the NFC East. Here’s a list of my reasons why the Eagles will be horrible this season.
- Chip Kelly: How many college football coaches think they can succeed in the NFL? All of them. And how many actually succeed? Very few. In addition, even stud NFL coaches can take several years to get the roster to fit the system. Chip will be red-faced by the third game and may be hospitalized for a stroke by mid-season.
- Up-Tempo Offense: Heard this before and it always sounds great in theory. This is the NFL, not a bunch of young college kids running around, clueless. The fast-paced offense will be a quick way to go 3 & out for the Eagles. But, at least they hurried the defense..ha. Defenses will adjust to the play-calling. I expect to see the Vick/Foles sacked, hit, and battered all season long (which I will enjoy wholeheartedly).
- Wear & Tear: This fast paced offense will wear down the Eagles offense before any opposing defenses. Sure, they will make some big plays on occasion. In the long haul of 4 quarters and a 16 game season – they will suck. Plus, I fully expect to see an increase of Eagles injuries and fatigue issues. As the offense gets off the field too quickly, the defense is rushed out as well. This can lead to one of the worst defensive showings in NFL history. To pressure the team D, for the sake of a high tempo college offense is insane.
- QB Concerns: The Eagles don’t really have a solid QB to run the offense. Sure Foles is decent and may become the #1 guy, but he’s not a star. Vick is more dynamic for read-option and running on broken plays. However, everyone (and their dog…pun intended) knows he will turn the ball over.
- Redskins will Pound Eagles: The Redskins match-up will show them running all over the Eagles. They will hold the ball consistently for 6+ minutes per drive. This will put increased pressure on Eagles defense and on the offense to score. Sure, some fans may fear the Redskins secondary concerns vs. the Eagles passing game. However, with added depth and Orapko back, the Skins pass-rush should be much improved.
Please let me know your thoughts. HTTR!