(1) Jon Gruden
Current Position: Monday Night Football
Specialty: Saying "This Guy"
- Currently is 50 years old and boasts a 100-85 career record (.541)
- Won the Super Bowl in 2003 with the team that McKay and Dungy built.
- Played football at Muskingum College and the University of Dayton
- Started coaching as a Graduate Assistant at University of Tennessee in 1986
- 1990 became WR coach of the 49ers and Holmgren later brought him to the Packers with him.
- 1995-1997 - Offensive Coordinator of the Eagles
- 1998-2001 - Head Coach of Raiders (40-28 record)
- 2002-2008 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers Head Coach (60-57 record)
- Gruden served under these head coaches: George Seifert, Miek Holmgren, Ray Rhodes
- Gruden's assistants under him: Bill Callahan, Rod Marinelli, Mike Tomlin, Raheem Morris
- His younger brother Jay is the offensive coordinator of the Bengals.
- Back in 2009 I wrote this article, which I still stand by: 2 Concrete Reasons Jon Gruden Should Not Be the Redskins Next Head Coach (draft history the big one)
- The Redskins have not had great success with coaches that have taken a break and returned from the NFL: Joe Gibbs, Mike Shanahan.
(16) Robert Griffin II
Current Position: Retired Army Sergeant, Father to RGIII
Specialty: Being a Good Father
- He knows his son well enough to pull him from the Seattle game (and any future situations like that)
- He already knows his way around the Redskins locker room.
- Has a military background, which he can use in full force with the Special Teams Unit
- He served in Japan, so surely he's aware of Osaka and not allowing early success to dictate the future.
- Surely won't abandon the running game given it helps protect RGIII and opens up the passing game.
- "I scout Robert if I see something, (because if) it becomes consistent it's a tendency, (and) I tell Robert," RG2 been honing his son's skills his whole career.
- No longer talks to the media, which might be a problem, but a good thing.
- QB controversy: Potentially bad situation with not being able to bench his son if he stinks...although Army Sergeants typically know how to squash emotions.
- He is true blue collar grit everyone can relate to. He takes the Metro to work even now.