Look, I know that this is a minority position to say the least. But how about this as a scenario:
1. MS is kind of pissed over the last two years about RG3 the Diva in general and (to a slightly less extent) the RG3-DS buddy-buddy stuff.
2. At one point last year, he says to one of his pals or confidantes 'you know I just feel like quitting sometimes…I could clean out my office in 2 minutes'.
3. After the Giants game, he says to the same guy, 'Man, I feel like I did last season - sometimes you just feel like quitting'.
4. Said confidante decides to call Graziano - perhaps he has been a leaker in the past - and blows the story somewhat out of proportion.
5. When MS gets wind of it, he is totally upset. Thinks that this is some kind of ploy to make him look bad - perhaps by RG3 or even DS. Has a 'screw-you ' moment and decides two can play at that game and says he will potentially bench RG3.
6. However, he still has every intention of coming back, not just for the $7 MM but to potentially have a positive season and preserve his HOF eligibility.
Unlikely, yes, but how come 100% of the people on here believe that MS is done here, and perhaps he will be because RG3 will tell DS what to do after he feels humiliated, but what if this wasn't set in motion by MS?
Talk me down from the ledge.