- With the trade deadline looming at 4 p.m., one of the biggest names percolating on the hot stove is Hakeem Nicks. However, Big Blue View's Ed Valentine writes that a deal for the former first-round pick is unlikely to happen with the Giants' season still technically alive.
- The Giants continued their unlikely climb in the standings, defeating the Eagles 15-7 on Sunday with the aid of five Josh Brown field goals. The Giants now find themselves just two games out of first place in the division, which is a scenario that's better than any of them could have imagined after an 0-6 start. Head Coach Tom Coughlin since told the team that they are in control of their own fate.
- The Giants are also expected to get a boost on Nov. 10 with the return of Andre Brown, who fractured his fibula in the last game of preseason. Brown has said he has his burst back, is cutting and ready to go. Brown will wear a protective shin guard during games that he says will be worn for the rest of his playing career.
Philadelphia Eagles (by: Sean Patterson)
- This was an unimpressive game for the Eagles offense. Michael Vick was 6/9 for 30 yards before he left in the second quarter after re-aggravating his previous hamstring injury. Matt Barkley came in relief of Vick and had an unspectacular 17/26 for 158 yards with 1 interception. LeSean McCoy only had 15 rushing attempts for 48 yards and only 17 receiving yards. The Eagles' only seven points came on a Giants special teams blunder in the fourth quarter. The Eagles committed three turnovers and four penalties for 48 yards. It would appear that Chip Kelly's offense does not work with Matt Barkley, and Michael Vick may be out for awhile with his hamsting injury.
- After Sunday's loss to the Giants, wide receiver Jason Avant spoke with the media about several issues. Avant was confused and surprised by the offense's inability to score. Avant also offers insight on the murky quarterback situation for the Eagles, the 10 home game losing streak, and his own offensive pass interference penalty in a crucial fourth-down situation. Avant is a calm person, but he is extremely unhappy with that call.
- It has been reported by Howard Eskin that Eagles quarterback Nick Foles may start Sunday against the Raiders. This news could not come a better time for the floundering Eagles offense. Matt Barkley likely gives the Eagles almost no chance to win, but a recently concussed Nick Foles may have his struggles against the rebuilding Raiders as well.
Dallas Cowboys (by: Mike Harar)
- In a game in which the Cowboys gave up a franchise record 628 total team yards and 329 receiving yards to Lions wide receiver Calvin Johnson, they still led by six points with 1:02 left in the fourth quarter. However, the defense was unable to stop the Detroit offense yet again, and Matthew Stafford drove his team 80 yards in fifty seconds for the final go-ahead touchdown. In the loss, Dez Bryant had three catches for 72 yards and two touchdowns.
- Morris Claiborne left in the third quarter on Sunday with a hamstring injury, and could be out for up to two games. Right guard Brian Waters was also injured and is awaiting test results to his triceps, ribs and knee to learn the extent of the damage. DeMarco Murray, DeMarcus Ware, and Miles Austin all missed the game with varying maladies and all could return soon.