At 0-6, the Giants may have to go into the dreaded "evaluation mode" and spend the rest of 2013 looking out for 2014. Big Blue View's Ed Valentine delves into the possibility of the Giants trading Eli Manning and drafting Louisville quarterback Teddy Bridgewater if they are granted the first pick in the draft. The summation of his view? Bad idea.
- Part of what comes with a dismal start is potentially unloading talent for a future investment. That's a big reason why rumors have swirled around potentially dealing wide receiver Hakeem Nicks, who will be a free agent after this season. As of now, Nicks and his agent have not been notified of any potential trades, but Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News reports that the team is listening to offers.
Philadelphia Eagles (by: Sean Patterson)
- The Eagles bested the Buccaneers in Tampa on Sunday with the final score of 31-20. Nick Foles was spectacular with 296 yards and 3 touchdowns (two passing, one rushing). The Eagles only had three penalties for 31 yards this game and only had one turnover. The Eagles defense also played well, getting two sacks and an interception during the game. A quarterback controversy is now the big story in Philadelphia after Foles impressive performance.
- Bleeding Green Nation attempts to answer the new hot question in Philadelphia: Should Nick Foles start against the Cowboys? They answer this question by addressing it through the mysterious concept of momentum. They examine whether momentum exists or not in the NFL, which is cause for debate. But if momentum does exist in the NFL, then Bleeding Green Nation argues that he should start. It is a big "if," but there are plenty of reasons to consider starting Nick Foles against the Cowboys.
- While it's surprising that there is quarterback controversy with the Eagles starting guy, the numbers show that Nick Foles does deserve consideration to be the starter. Over two weeks, 57 percent of Foles trips into the red zone result in touchdowns. Michael Vick only has 36 percent of his tips into the red zone result in a touchdown. While Foles does have a smaller sample size and the competition was not among some of the toughest in the NFL, his numbers are still very impressive. Michael Vick is not getting any younger or less injury prone. The Eagles will have some interesting decisions to make soon.
Dallas Cowboys (by: Mike Harar)
- In a game full of star players, the player who made the biggest impact was little known Cowboys return man Dwayne Harris. Harris returned a punt 86 yards for a touchdown and then later returned a kickoff 90 yards that set up another touchdown. In the fourth quarter, Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III fumbled inside his own five yard line and the Cowboys recovered, which set up a third easy opportunity for their offense as Dallas won 31-16.