At the water cooler, someone will undoubtedly ask you, so what NFL team do you pull for? Before answering take a moment (you have certainly earned it)...
- A moment to realize what an achievement it is to be one of 12 teams selected for the playoffs. To realize how satisfying it was to advance into the playoffs by defeating our arch nemesis Dallas.
- A moment to reflect and lay to rest, the dismal seasons gone by. All the hopes, dreams and promises trampled year after year, at the end of 16 weeks. To reflect on what we might be writing about (or what would I be writing about it) had this season ended like most. To reflect on what excuse you might be preparing to give to this person at the water cooler.
- A moment to rave. If you are a Redskin fan show yourself! Come out of the closet baby! No more hiding in the bathroom or hanging your head in a crowd. No more, it's time to say hey, my name is Big Daddy and I'm a Redskin fan, let's go dance, let's go rave!!!
- A moment to relish. Victor Cruz is picking us as the team to beat. Experts acknowledge the challenge of stopping the Redskins offense. Bask in the glory my friends...bask, at least until Sunday at 4:30pm.
- A moment to reward yourselves for hanging in there. You were tempted to look toward the Panthers or Ravens for consultation, but you would not. Give yourself a pat on the back, for not selling out. No one could ever call you a fair-weather-fan, no way.