The Browns actually led the game at the half 14-10, but 21 straight points by the Redskins gave Washington an insurmountable lead. Some highlights:
- Cousins's first touchdown pass of the game was a 54-yarder to Leonard Hankerson. The wideout beat three defenders, juggled the ball, caught it, fell, and got up to stroll into the endzone before anyone could touch him.
- In his first career start, Cousins completed 26/37 passes for 329 yards and two touchdowns against one interception. He also ran three times for 22 yards.
- Alfred Morris ran 27 times for 87 yards and two touchdowns. Evan Royster scored his second career touchdown as well.
- Cousins spread out the ball fairly evenly, with six receivers above 30 yards. Leading the way was Pierre Garcon, who had six catches for 65 yards, but Hankerson caught both touchdowns.
- The Redskins defense did a great job limiting Cleveland's weapons. Trent Richardson scored two touchdowns, but only gained 28 yards on 11 carries. Brandon Weeden was 21/35 for 244 yards, with one touchdown and two interceptions.
- Rob Jackson and London Fletcher picked up the interceptions for Washington.
- Kai Forbath hit another field goal, this time a 44-yarder.