Rob Grabowski-US PRESSWIRE
Redskins rank good and bad in categories, but the real dagger is the Redskins lead the league in penalties, which has a major affect of why they have the NFL's worst 3rd down conversion percentage.
- The Redskins are 0-2 after a BYE with Shanahan. Both of those losses were at Fedex Field vs the Eagles. One was the Monday Night Massacre and other they lost by one score.
- The Eagles lost Todd Herremans for the season. The Eagles promoted Guard, Julian Vandervelde from their practice squad to fill Herremans' roster spot.
- Through eight games, the porous Philadelphia Eagles offensive line has allowed 27 sacks and a league-worst 71 quarterback hits.
- The Redskins rank 1st in NFL (yards per carry) when rushing on either end of the Tackle. 25th up the middle.
- Redskins #2 in NFL for rushing yards per game (164.6)
- Redskins rank 13th in time of possession averaging 30:59 per game. What makes this stat useless is the woeful Kansas City Chiefs have the 3rd best time of possession at 32:38.
- As Rich Campbell pointed out, Santana Moss has 5 TDs. All the other Redskins WRs...none have more than 1.
- The Redskins have the 8th best turnover ratio at +7. Teams directly above them are the Pats, Falcons, Ravens. The teams directly below then are the Packers and 49ers. The Redskins' defense has not forced a turnover in over 2 games going back to the 4th quarter vs Giants.
- Redskins rank dead last in 3rd down percentage at 32%. The top 4 teams are 47% or better (PIT, NE, ATL, DEN).
- Redskins have most penalties (75) for most yards (649) in the NFL. Next closest team is Baltimore with 66.