Penalties, drops, and another loss the story line in the Panthers' beatdown of the Redskins.
The Redskins did start off with a 3-0 lead, then went: loss on downs (goal line), end of half, punt, FG, punt, punt, loss of downs, touchdown, piss poor screen play to Banks to end game.
The only bright spot of today's game was Alfred Morris, but other than that, more of the same. It doesn't appear any one on this defense can cover as Redskins LBs were continually one to three steps behind their Panthers' player. The pass rush was non-existent as always. Steve Smith and TEs had their way. DeAngelo Williams and Jon Stewart were rushing in chunks.
I don't know what Shanahan will tell the media and fans this week. My guess, "Well, we have the BYE week to re-evaluate things and we're not mathematically eliminated so we're going to approach it that way and see what this team is made of."
So, for the fourth straight year, the Redskins are irrelevant before Thanksgiving.
Some key notes:
- Santana Moss left with a concussion
- The Redskins had 75 offensive plays to Panthers 50
- Redskins won time of possession with over 35:00 minutes with ball.
- Redskins had 13 penalties for 97 yards.
- RGIII got sacked 4 times for 29 yards.
- Redskins defense has not forced a turnover in over 2 full games now (4th quarter vs NYG)