Patrick McDermott - Getty Images
Robert Griffin III runs for 138 yards and 97.2 QB rating to put away the VIkings.
Finally, the 391 straights days without a home win is over. When the Vikings were up 9-0, I'm sure many thought like I did, "Same ole Redskins." When the Redskins took a big lead late and the Vikings started creeping back, I was still in my Nationals somber, "No way the Redskins hold this lead." And then it happened. The Shanahans dial in a designed QB run play on a key 3rd and long, and Robert Griffin III takes it 76 yards to the house to seal the game. Some key stats:
- Redskins won the turnover battle 3 to 1.
- Redskins 3-3 in the red zone.
- RGIII was 17/22 passing and only had 1 sack.
- Redskins had 32 rushes to 22 passes. Alfred Morris 47 yards rushing, RGIII 138.
- Redskins defense played well despite the horrific pass interference call against Josh Wilson.
- Lorenzo Alexander: 5 tackles, 1.5 sacks, 1 interception
- Redskins played 60 minutes. Defense put some of their best pressure on Ponder late.