1. He played in two games this season, not just one. Many fans said one game is not enough, well I agree. The first game was against the Patriots. I think this link gives the good, bad and ugly of Matt Flynn :http://youtu.be/_C8F0cWvAfo
2. Since the game against the Lions was his second, we actually noticed marked improvement from the first (ref: link above).
3. Many said that we shouldn't trust in his ability, because the 480 yards was mostly due to plays made by the team. Well, no dog dukie. If we place Matt Flynn on the Skins tomorrow would he throw 480 yrds against the Lions? Most likely not. Yet he still had to make plays, and Aaron Rodgers hasn't thrown for that many yards in a game, so lets give the guy some credit.
4. If we use the same train of thought as in #3, Aaron Rodgers first NFL game against the Minnesota Vikings was a sham too. Since in that game there were a lot of field goals, and a kick off returned for a TD in that win.
5. I believe the Redskins are actually closer to winning than not and only lack a QB to lead them. I would love to draft a new young talent, but we will get just that, new young talent that needs a year or two. I think a guy like Matt Flynn can come in right now and lead.
6. Is there the Kevin Kolb possibility, sure. But as long as you still draft a qb and your only talking about money through free agency, what does it hurt? No one wants to see Beck back, so we need some depth. I think he makes a lot of sense.
7. This is the NFL, you don't throw for that many yards against any team and it be a complete fluke, the guy has matured and has talent.
8. Looking back at his College career we see he really didn't start at qb until his senior year. So could it be, that he never really got the chance to mature.
9.As a senior, he completed 124-of-206 passes for 1,679 yards and 9 touchdowns. He also displayed his ability on the ground with 305 yards rushing and 12 touchdowns. Flynn displayed toughness by leading Robert E. Lee High School to a semifinal appearance in one of the toughest classifications in Texas despite playing his last four games with a broken foot. His team lost to Midland High School 24-14.