Over the next couple of months there will be more than exhaustive talks about our draft prospects, no one will agree and, sadly, it is one of the most fun times of the year to be a Redskins fan. To keep track of the first round and players stock after all-star games, combine, pro days, etc. we will be compiling a monthly first round mock draft. So here is version 1.0. In later months we will have different variations, including trades and other writers from Hogs Haven.
1. Indianapolis Colts: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
New leadership is on the horizon in Indy and that seems to signal the arrival of Andrew Luck more and more.
2. St. Louis Rams: Matt Kalil, OT, USC
Rams will likely have to decide between Blackmon or Kalil, in the end I think they choose to protect Bradford. They can grab a WR in the 2nd round to put alongside Brandon Lloyd.
3. Minnesota Vikings: Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
The Vikings will also be tempted by getting a primetime receiver like Blackmon for Christian Ponder, but the new Vikings GM opts to shore up the Vikings dreadful secondary.
4. Cleveland Browns: Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State
The Browns goal last year was to surround Colt McCoy with some talent. Greg Little was a great pick and they'll continue to bolster their WR corps with Blackmon. RG3 will be passed up and if McCoy doesn't work out then the table is set for a guy like Barkley, Murray, or Bray in 2013.
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
With the continued troubles of LaGarrette Blount the Bucs will opt to solidify the running game with Richardson.
Redskins' pick and the rest of the mock after the jump...
6. Washington Redskins: Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
Didn't think RG3 could fall in the Skins lap? There is still a possibility if there are no big trades in front of the Skins. Jeff Fisher's potential arrival in Miami could be the big wild card.
7. Jacksonville Jaguars: Quinton Coples, DE, Jaguars
It seems like the Jags are looking for an offensive head coach, but there is no "playmaker" they can reach for a 6th overall. They grab Coples to improve their woeful pass rush.
9. Carolina Panthers: Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
Panthers can put up points but they need to be able to stop them. Kirkpatrick would be a huge upgrade in the secondary.
10. Buffalo Bills: Melvin Ingram, DE, South Carolina
The Bills need a pass rusher and Ingram has been a monster. They could look to bolster the o-line here also.
11. Kansas City Chiefs: Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
12. Seattle Seahawks: David DeCastro, G, Stanford
13. Arizona Cardinals: Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College
14. Dallas Cowboys: Mark Barron, S, Alabama
15. Philadelphia Eagles: Vontaze Burfict, LB, Arizona State
16. New York Jets: Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina
17. Cincinnati Bengals: Alfonzo Dennard, CB, Nebraska
18. San Diego Chargers: Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame
19. Denver Broncos: Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma
20. Chicago Bears: Devon Still, DE, Penn State
21. Tennessee Titans: Andre Branch, DE, Clemson
22. Cincinnati Bengals: Cordy Glenn, G, Georgia
23. New York Giants: Kelechi Osemele, OG, Iowa State
24. Houston Texans: Zebrie Sanders, OL, Florida State
25. Cleveland Browns: Courtney Upshaw, LB, Alabama
27. Baltimore Ravens: Dont'a Hightower, LB, Alabama
28. Pittsburgh Steelers: Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
29. New England Patriots: Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia
30. San Francisco 49ers: Dwight Jones, WR, North Carolina
31. New England Patriots: Fletcher Cox, DL, Mississippi State
32. Green Bay Packers: Jarred Crick, DE, Nebraska