The depth chart goes three deep, with an "other" category for 4th stringers. It's easy to assume that right now if you are an other, you are likely to be cut. The depth chart is on redskins.com but for simplicity sake, I'll post it here so that we may discuss.
|PK||Graham Gano||Shayne Graham|
|KO||Graham Gano||Shayne Graham|
|PR||Brandon Banks||Phillip Buchanon||Aldrick Robinson||Anthony Armstrong
|KR||Brandon Banks||Byron Westbrook||Terrence Austin||Anthony Armstrong
Some quick observations:
- Armstrong is currently 2nd string, with Santana and Gaffney starting. Hankerson also is 2nd string while fellow rookies Aldrick Robinson and Niles Paul haven't made the 3-deep.
- In the QB battle, Grossman apparently has the edge up right now, despite the Shanahans' love affair with Beck.
- RB wise, Torain is no longer listed due to his injured wrist, but no surprise to see Hightower, Helu, and Royster in that order on the chart.
- Sellers is not even listed on the FB depth, and has not beat Paulsen to be the 3rd TE. Young is the current FB starter
- Despite Jenkin's great camp so far, he remains 2nd string.
- McIntosh is indeed the starting ILB over Riley right now.
- Banks remains as both the KR and PR.
What has surprised you with this depth chart? It is very early and should not be read too deeply into, but personally, Beck not listed as the starter is shocking considering all of the praise that both Kyle and Mike Shanahan have already given him.