Chris Cooley is on the NFL Network tonight and tomorrow night. He gave a brief "hot seat" style interview tonight that was mainly focused on Donovan McNabb and the QB situation. I briefly jotted down and summarize Cooley's thoughts:
- Said he's talked to both parties regarding Shanny and McNabb, and he doesn't see McNabb coming back.
- The only situation he sees McNabb staying is with a very abbreviated (2 week) training camp.
- Both Shanahan and McNabb thought it would be a quicker/easier learning curve for Donovan to learn the offense. He said it was very apparent from the beginning that the learning curve was going to be harder for McNabb than anticipated.
- Never really endorsed John Beck, said if McNabb is gone then Beck is the only QB under contract. He foresees a competition between Rex and Beck for the starting job.
- Thought guys would forgive Haynesworth and welcome him with open arms if AH came in and shows that he wants to play and loves the game.