First off, all I can do is laugh at the peons that are giving the Redskins draft grades of "C," mainly for not drafting a Quarterback. So, the mainstream media bashes Shanahan for not taking a QB, yet these same computer nerds a year from now will label Shananan "a terrible evaluator" when all these QBs turn out to suck ((Dalton, Ponder, Gabbert) - which they all will. It was a lose-lose for Shanahan in that regard, but luckily, unlike our previous decision makers, he could care less about media pressures and relies on his expertise and scouts.
I really hope Hogs Haven gets to sit down with Shanahan for a few beers because these are the questions I would like to ask the Head Coach:
- If Mike Pouncey was still on the board at #16, would that have changed your 1st round pick in anyway? I know a team might have wanted to trade up and of course the Skins need a Guard AND Center.
- The Jarvis Jenkins pick. I couldn't help but noticed you passed over Marvin Austin. From a direct contact at UNC, I know his work ethic is there. Why did you pass on him?
- In a related note, the Giants DID draft him and now we have to face him 2x a year. What's the plan with the OLine and why did you feel the need to draft only 1 OLineman at all...and late at that?
- With Anthony Bryant being the only (serviceable) Nose Tackle on the roster and the several Defensive linemen you drafted , can we expect to see more of a 4-3 look this season? (Note: Chris Neild selected in 7th round is a NT)
- Speaking of Jarvis Jenkins, what do you like about him over the following players still on the board: Brooks Reed, Marvin Austin, Stefen Wisniewski, Stephen Paea, Randall Cobb, Da'Quan Bowers, Benjamin Ijalana, Mikel Leshoure, and Greg Little?
- It's hard to find any Redskins fan that will dislike the Hankerson pick in the 3rd round. Kenrick Ellis was still on the board...was he ever an option?
- Moving to the 4th round, you take your first Running Back, Roy Helu. Kendall Hunter, a favorite of mine I got to talk to at the combine, was still there there as was CB Rashad Carmichael - why Helu over the rest?
- Picks 177 and 178 in the 5th round...Tyrod Taylor was still there....he obviously was never on your board. I I was happy the Redskins avoided all QBs, but what made him a bad pick this late in the draft?
- You had 6 draft picks last year and only Dennis Morris is currently not on the roster/practice squad. Only 1 player last year really contributed, Trent Williams. Can we expect more out of the 2010 class in 2011? (and don't respond "Well, I hope so.")
- Can we talk about the Center position? No? Good...because the Panthers drafted a Center and they already have a Pro-Bowler there. Is Rabach really serviceable another year or are the fans in the dark with Erik Cook and possibly Lichtensteiger or Montgomery taking over? (The Cowboys drafted 2 OL in the first 4 rounds).
- Can you pick up the tab?