Measurables: 6' 1" 313
Projected Draft Position:
High - 5th round
Low - FA
- Quick feet for a big man
- Played both NT and DT/DE
- Has a good motor
- Will chase down opposing RB's form behind
- Plays through the whistle
- Good hand punch and swim move
- Excellent lower-body strength
- Eventhough he's short(a little over 6')he tends to play high
- Knee injury in 2008(required surgery)
- Does not set his base as well as he could vs double teams
- Limited pass rushing skills
Analysis: Ted Laurent is a better athlete than most give him credit for. He showed a lot of promise as a true freshmen for Ole Miss. He injured his knee in the summer before the 2008 season and had surgery, but was able to return, and saw action in all 13 games, with 7 startes at NT. He has played both NT and DE/DT for the Rebels, and could be a NT in the NFL.
I recommend we take a look at him in the 5th round or later in this years draft. He is not my top choice at NT but he could surprise some people with his ability.
How Would You Feel About Having a Big "Teddy Bear" at Nose Tackle With a 5th Round Pick or Later?
He would become an immediate starter (30 votes)
He's a project at best, who would be lucky to make the team (38 votes)
He could add some depth, but he's not the long-term answer at NT (74 votes)
I don't know anything about this guy, so I'll defer to Tiller (73 votes)
215 total votes