6' 2" 210
40 time: 4.52(spring @ Cinn)
Combine - Not Invited
Likely Draft Position - FA
- Big, Physical receiver who excells at beating the jam
- Shows excellent body control in adjusting to passes
- Can make the spectacular catch
- Not afraid to go over the middle
- Shows excellent tracking skills while ball is in the air
- Will win the jump ball
- High points the football in traffic
- Major injury concerns
- Speed is not elite
- Has trouble accelerating in and out of breaks
- May have difficulty gaining seperation in the NFL
- On-field production does not match talent
- Will make the great catch, but sometimes drops the easy ball
Vidal Hazleton entered USC as of of the best wide receivers in the country in the 2006 recruiting class. Hazleton posted 41 receptions, for 942 yards and 13 TD's as a senior at the prestigious Hargrave Military Academy in Chatham, VA, and was a 5 star recruit by Scout.com.
Hazleton saw limited action as a true freshmen at USC, but did manage to appear in 11 games for the Trojans. In the spring of 2007, Hazleton emerged as a true receiving threat, and claimed a starting position heading into the fall. He appeared in 13 games that year, and posted 50 receptions, for 540 yards and 4 TD's. He entered the 2008 campaign as a starter, but a high ankle sprain forced him to miss some time, and he never was able to break back into the starting lineup. He posted just 6 receptions for 38 yards.
During the 2008 season Vidal's Grandfather, with whom he had previously lived, was diagnosed with cancer. Vidal wanted to be closer to home, so he decided to transfer to Cincinnati. He was forced to sit out 2009 due to his transfer. In 2010, he claimed a starting spot as a receiver for the Bearcats, and was on his way to a great season opener, before suffering a knee injury on a kick return in the fourth quarter of UC's loss to Fresno State. Prior to the injury, Hazleton had 6 receptions for 68 yards. He had knee surgery two days later, and missed the rest of the 2010 season.