As some ancient Roman once said, "Win the crowd, win your mock draft!". Thus was the case for this year’s Hogs Haven mock draft. Ken seemingly picked for the Redskins, every pick, and played with our heart strings by drafting players we have been discussing and salivating over for months. Then Tiller pulls out the ole’ "It’s My Birthday" card to run away with the last day of the mock (side note: Tiller is actually so old he went to high school with that ancient Roman I mentioned earlier).
So now that we’ve had some days to digest the mock and see the majority of the combine, lets revisit the draft and see who made the best picks for their franchises. Our views on each other’s picks after the jump.
Ken’s Draft Summary
Kevin's Best Pick-Mike Pouncey, G, Buccaneers: Investing in solid offensive linemen is what will propel the Bucs to the next level.
Kevin's Worst Pick- AJ Green, WR, Georgia: Cincy needs major help along both the DL and the OL, and he takes a WR? Come on, Vinny!
Parks’ Best Pick- Gabe Carimi, OT, Giants: I see this guy moving up the board by the time the draft gets here, but taking him at #19 would make any GM look like a genius.
Parks' Worst Pick-Cam Newton, QB, Dolphins: Horrible move for Miami…with uncertainty at RB, they could have reached here for one, or they could have addressed their Guard and Center positions.
Tiller's Best Pick-Nate Solder, OT, Cowgirls: If they can’t protect Romo, they are screwed.
Tiller's Worst Pick-Marcel Dareus, DT, Cardinals: I think the Cards have bigger needs on the OL.
Own pick I would change: At #18, I sent Cameron Heyward, the DE from Ohio State to San Diego. Looking back, I think Carimi would have made me happier. As I said above, I think Gabe will move up the draft board by draft day, and the Chargers might need this guy sooner rather than later.
Kevin’s Draft Summary
Ken’s Best Pick- Von Miller. Redskins. He's gained some weight and came across very well at the combine. Shanny said this weekend a rushing compliment to Rak is top priority...Von Miller is a perfect fit. Smart kid too.
Ken's Worst Pick- Jake Locker. He doesn't warrant a first round pick. His inaccuracies are real, so why waste a pick here?
Parks's Best Pick- Tryon Smith to the Eagles. Vick took a pounding and this offense has everything else in place.
Parks's Worst Pick- Cam Newton to the Fins. He stinks and is an ego maniac.
Tiller's Best Pick- Nate Solder to the Cowboys. Most of the stud DEs at the combine said Solder was the best Tackle they've faced.
Tiller's Worst Pick- DaQuan Bowers #1 over. Robert Quinn is the #1 athlete. Coaches, scouts are all saying it. Bowers already has knee issues. This makes no sense. Mark Ingram is another head scratcher there.
Own pick I would change: ...... Robert Quinn to the Bengals. The guy is a beast.
Parks’s Draft Summary
Ken’s Best Pick- Julio Jones, WR, Rams: Pretty much a no brainer, gives Bradford a much needed weapon.
Ken’s Worst Pick- Marcus Cannon, OT, Bears: Huh? Do the Bears need OLine help? Absolutely. But Cannon is a guy that will probably still be around for the Bears in the 2nd Round and maybe even the 3rd. I would of gone Wiz or Nevis.
Kevin’s Best Pick- Ben Ijalana, OG, Steelers: I love Ijalana out of Villanova, and he’ll solidify a dominate offensive line with for the Steelers.
Kevin’s Worst Pick- Derek Sherrod, OT, Vikings: A bit of a reach and I would of put Cam Jordan here to play for the same team his HOF dad played for.
Tiller’s Best Pick- Akeem Ayers, OLB, Chiefs: Helps the Chiefs continue to groom the AFC West’s best defense.
Tiller’s Worst Pick- Mark Ingram, RB, Patriots: I’m not a big Ingram fan, I think he’s regressed, and I don’t think he’ll be a good RB in the NFL. I really don’t like this pick because the way this mock is going the Pats could of easily snagged him in the 2nd or grabbed a guy like Leshoure or Williams later in the 2nd and been better off in the long run for it.
My Pick that I would change: The biggest thing I would do is switch the players I picked for the Eagles and Giants.
Tiller's Draft Summary
Ken's Best Pick - Julio Jones(Rams) - We all know Sam Bradford needs weapons at WR. Giving him Julio Jones make this offense a whole lot better.
Ken's Worst Pick - Marcus Cannon(Bears) - The Bears need a OT. Cannon will be a G in the NFL.
Kev's Best Pick - AJ Green(Bengals) - With T.O. and Chad likely gone, Green provides a young, and very dangerous for Carson Palmer(if he stays in Cinn).
Kev's Worst Pick- Phil Taylor(Saints) - Taylor is a NT. The Saints do not use a 3-4. this pick just baffles me.
Parks Best Pick - Gabe Carimi(Giants) - Carimi's mean streak and stills fit perfectly on NY's O-Line. To be able to get him at # 19 was a value.
Parks Worst Pick - Jimmy Smith(Texans) - This pick was way too high for Jimmy Smith. There were some great DE's and OLB's still around that would have been a nice fit into the new 3-4.
Own Pick I would have changed - I would have switched Dareus for Quinn to the Cardinals.
1. Carolina (Tiller): Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
2. Broncos (Ken): Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
3. Bill (Parks): Nick Fairley, DE, Auburn
4. Bengals (Kevin): AJ Green, WR, Georgia
5. Cardinals (Tiller): Marcel Dareus, DT, Alabama
6. Browns (Ken): Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina
7. 49ers (Parks): Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
8. Titans (Kevin): Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
9. Cowboys (Tiller): Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
10. Redskins (Ken): Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M
11. Texans (Parks): Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
12. Vikings (Kevin): Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State
13. Lions (Tiller): Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa
14. Rams (Ken): Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
15. Dolphins (Parks): Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
16. Jaguars (Kevin): Cameron Jordan, DE, Cal
17. Patriots (Tiller): J.J. Watt, DE, Wisconsin
18. Chargers (Ken): Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State
19. Giants (Parks): Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin
20. Bucs (Kevin): Mike Pouncey, G, Florida
21. Chiefs (Tiller): Akeem Ayers, OLB, UCLA
22. Colts (Ken): Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College
23. Eagles (Parks): Tyron Smith, OT, USC
24. Saints (Kevin): Phil Taylor, DT, Baylor
25. Seahawks (Ken): Jake Locker, QB, Washington
26. Ravens (Parks): Brandon Harris, CB, Miami
27. Falcons (Kevin): Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland
28. Patriots (Tiller): Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
29. Bears (Ken): Marcus Cannon, OT, TCU
30. Jets (Parks): Danny Watkins, G, Baylor
31. Steelers (Kevin): Ben Ijalana, G, Villanova
32. Packers (Tiller): Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri
Who was the best GM in the HH Mock Draft?
Ken (57 votes)
Kevin (17 votes)
Parks (6 votes)
Tiller (14 votes)
94 total votes