Remember last year when the Redskins defense was knocking people out every game (Finley, Rodgers, Vick, Addai, etc). Well, the Niners defense is doing the same:
The Niners defense has given up ZERO rushing TDs this year. While that is impressive, how they are knocking RBs out is more alarming:
- Pre-season - Arian Foster hurt his hamstring on a Patrick Willis tackle.
- Week 2 vs DAL - Felix Jones wrist injury on 2nd carry of game (also separated his shoulder). Missed a few series and only had 9 carries total.
- Week 4 vs PHI - LeSean McCoy was banged up and only had 9 carries.
- Week 5 vs TB - LaGarette Blount sprained knee on a tackle - hasn't played since (though is practicing again).
- Week 6 vs DET - Jahvid Best was concussed and has not played a snap since.
- Week 8 vs CLE - Montario Hardesty - calf injury on a hard tackle (out indefinitely).
Via MercuryNews.com, these stats are just amazing....
Here are the fourth-quarter totals of the six starting running backs they've faced, followed by the overall game stats:
- Lynch, Seahawks: 0 carries, 0 receptions. Game total: 13 carries for 33 yards, 2 receptions for 12 yards.
- Jones, Cowboys: 1 carry for 4 yards, 0 receptions. Game total: 9 carries for 25 yards, 1 reception for 4 yards.
- Benson, Bengals: 4 carries for 16 yards, 0 receptions. Game total: 17 carries for 64 yards.
- McCoy, Eagles: 1 carry for 1 yard, 1 reception for 15 yards. Game total: 9 carries for 18 yards, 6 receptions for 34 yards and a touchdown.
- Blount, Buccaneers: 0 carries, 0 receptions. Game total: 10 carries for 34 yards, 2 receptions for 31 yards.
- Best, Lions: 1 carry for minus-1 yard, 0 receptions. Game total: 12 carries for 37 yards, 6 receptions for 73 yards.
The Niners have gone 28 consecutive games of not allowing a 100-yard rusher. Impressive streaks. Painful ones, too, for running backs.
Soooo....what are the odds a brittle Ryan Torain makes it out of this game alive?