Throughout the rest of the season we'll be updating the Redskins projected draft slot for April's NFL Draft. We'll also include a mock up until the Redskins pick to see who they may be in position to draft. This feature will be on Hogs Haven on either Monday or Tuesday regularly, depending on the impact of each week's Monday Night Football game (tonight's game has not significant impact).
The Redskins win, along with some other games around the league, definitely clouded the waters a little more. So here is how the draft looks as of today:
1. Indianapolis Colts (0-11)
2. Minnesota Vikings (2-9)
3. St. Louis Rams (2-9)
4. Jacksonville Jaguars(3-8)
5. Carolina Panthers (3-8)
6. Miami Dolphins (3-8)
7. Washington Redskins (4-7)
8. Arizona Cardinals (4-7)
9. Kansas City Chiefs (4-7)
10. Philadelphia Eagles (4-7)
11. Seattle Seahawks (4-7)
12. San Diego Chargers (4-7)
13. Cleveland Browns (4-7)
14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-7)
15. Buffalo Bills (5-6)
Hogs Haven Top 7 Mock after the jump...
1. Indianapolis Colts (0-11): Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford, Easy pick for the Colts.
2. Minnesota Vikings (2-9): Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State, This is a perfect spot for the Vikings to trade out of, but if not they can upgrade at left tackle or get Christian Ponder a big time threat.
3. St. Louis Rams (2-9): Matt Kalil, OT, USC, Rams number one priority has to be protecting Sam Bradford, getting Kalil would be a huge step in the right direction.
4. Jacksonville Jaguars(3-8): Alshon Jeffery , WR, South Carolina, The Jags could look at a pass rusher like Quinton Couples here but their WR corps may be the worst in the league and Jeffery is a big time threat for a young QB.
5. Carolina Panthers (3-8): Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa, The Panthers need to protect Cam Newton, grabbing Reiff to replace Otah would be a step in the right direction.
6. Miami Dolphins (3-8): Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma, This depends greatly on who the Dolphins head coach will be, so right now this is a toss up between Jones and Barkley
7. Washington Redskins (4-7): Matt Barkley, QB, USC, Redskins just sneak in to get Barkley, who is a good fit for the Shanny System.
- The Redskins have the easiest strength of schedule out of all the 4-7 teams, which benefits them greatly
- The Skins looked like a lock for a Top 5 pick last week and one of the Top 3 QBs, now you can see how that is teetering on the edge and far from a sure thing.
- Important Games this Week: Eagles @ Seahawks (Thursday), Panthers @ Buccaneers, Chargers @ Jaguars