|Source||This Week||Last Week||Comments|
||Mike Shanahan might have found his new main ball carrier in an old friend, Ryan Torain.|
||The Redskins continue to prove they are a solid football team. Beating St. Louis doesn’t necessarily prove anything, but you still have to beat the bad teams on your schedule. After the bye, they have a big divisional home game against Philly, and then hit the road for two weeks.|
|11||13||Quietly, the Redskins have put together a 3-1 record. They have a division game in Week 6 against the Eagles before a four-game streak of very winnable games.
|8||13||Who had them to win the NFC East? Not many. But that defense and the running game are carrying this team now.|
|10||13||The Redskins struggled to put away the anemic Rams, but you can't really quibble with them being 3-1 and two games ahead of division favorite Philadelphia as they enter their Week 5 bye. The more I see of Washington's defense this season, the more I like what Jim Haslett is building on that side of the ball. Bryan Orakpo and Ryan Kerrigan are becoming quite the play-making tandem at outside linebacker, and they're consistently finding the football at key points in the game.|
||They don't win pretty. They don't look like world beaters. The Redskins are 3-1 heading into the bye week, however, and they've certainly earned those three victories.|
||You take your road wins and run home in the NFL. Now an off week for Shanny to prepare for the Eagles.
|NFL.com Power Poll||11||14||FYI: This poll is comprised of numerous analyst and writers around the NFL
|National Football Post||14
||Remember Ryan Torain? The RB showed up with 135 yards on the ground during the ‘Skins win in St. Louis.|
|NOLA.com||14||16||RB Ryan Torain could be the answer.|
Hogs Haven Power Rankings after the jump...
1. Green Bay Packers: Pack took it to the Broncos, nearly putting up 50 points.
2. Baltimore Ravens: The Ravens move up a spot after destroying the Jets and making Mark Sanchez look like a high school QB.
3. New Orleans Saints: The Saints keep on marching with an expected victory of the Jags.
4. Detroit Lions: Coming back, on the road, against a
division opponent the Cowboys...impressive (AGAIN!)
5. New England Patriots: Pats went on the road, in a hostile environment, and took it to the Raiders
6. Houston Texans: Squeaked out a win against the Steelers and we saw the 2010 version of Arian Foster
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Bucs barely pulled out a home win against the Indianapolis Fighting Painters.
8. San Diego Chargers: Super Chargers were able to knock Chad Henne out of the game and win a sloppy one versus the Dolphins
9. Washington Redskins: Road wins aren't easy in the NFL, so when you get one you take it and run home.
10. Tennessee Titans: Matt Hasselbeck continues to make Pete Carroll look silly and the Titans destroyed the Browns.
11. New York Giants
12. Buffalo Bills
13. Oakland Raiders
14. San Francisco 49ers
15. Chicago Bears
16. New York Jets
17. Pittsburgh Steelers
18. Dallas Cowboys
19. Atlanta Falcons
20. Cincinnati Bengals
21. Cleveland Browns
22. Philadelphia Eagles
23. Arizona Cardinals
24. Carolina Panthers
25. Jacksonville Jaguars
26. Seattle Seahawks
27. Denver Broncos
28. Kansas City Chiefs
29. Miami Dolphins
30. Indianapolis Colts
31. St. Louis Rams
32. Minnesota Vikings