1. Everyone on sports radio is labeling this weekend's game as a defining game, a pivotal game. But I'm going to take it a step further. Sunday's game against the Iggles is a MUST-WIN. And here's why. If we lose, it's taking a monumental step in wrong direction. Not just for the obvious, record-wise and division-wise, but more importantly, mentally. I believe that the upstart of our team, while partially attributed to the offseason additions/subtractions, is due to the overall mental state of the players.
2. These guys are gaining a confidence that a lot of people are comparing to the 6-2 team coming off two big divisional road games (We all know how that turned out). But this confidence is one that can be damaged, and quickly. I compare this confidence to the Redskins rehabbing from a drug, that drug being lack of belief in themselves. This team needs to win a pivotal must-win game, one that they haven't in the recent past. If they do, I believe sky's the limit. If they don't, then I see that locker room relapsing. Let's collectively cross our fingers and hope for the former.
3. If we don't force at least one turnover, either via Vick fumble or pick, we DO NOT win this game.
4. Look, I understand all the generic "keys to the game" being thrown out there: Run the ball, keep their offense off the field, Run the Ball. I get it, but those are always the keys to the game. That being said, I think the blueprint for beating this year's Iggles team has been drafted, proofreaded, revised and the final copy is ours to follow. FORCE TURNOVERS. This team is Top-10 in all offensive categories, including 1st in rushing YPG. Yes, they're defense is having some growing pains, but this isn't why they're 1-4. They are 1st in turnovers. They've had leads, and considerable ones, its the turnovers that's dug this grave for them, and its turnovers that's going to bury them.
5. Anyone else hear about Cooley's sleepover with the JUNKIES this weekend? His wife was on this morning talking about it, and she was saying how if the Skin's lose this game, that Chris is gonna be pounding the liqour HARD all night. Am I the only one who thinks its awesome how Chris Cooley is as huge a fan as the rest of us? Just awesome.
6. Not that anyone cares, but I'm killing myself because I'm not gonna be able to see the game this weekend. Made a prior engagement back in August, didn't even think about it or bother to look at the schedule. Killing Myself. Drink one and enjoy for me!