1. Is it wrong how much I love the Jets?
2. I think you can talk trash without moving your lips and the Patriots have been doing it for a long time. Winning doesn't make you classy. So count me among those who refuse to believe that New England holds some kind of high ground here. As dominant as they have been for so long, they have to expect that not only is there a big target on their back inside locker rooms around the NFL, but there is a big target on their back among fans around the league. If they get down about it, they can use their Lombardi trophies to console themselves.
3. Aaron Rodgers is scary...and he was picked one slot ahead of...Jason Campbell? I know you all remember that, but I have to keep reminding myself because as we get closer to making some pretty clutch selections this April, it helps to know what kind of talent exists up and down the board. Then again, we took Rod Gardner 15th overall I think. (No, I am not going to run down all the awful picks we have made.)
4. Let me be the 500th person today to recall that we beat both Green Bay and Chicago this season. What in God's name does that mean? We aren't/weren't better than either of the teams that won this weekend, from the best I could determine. That kind of statement...that kind of stat does not mean anything I have concluded. In other news, the sky is blue.
5.I don't want to miss my chance to notice (for the only time this year actually) what a good job Pete Carroll has done in Seattle. He did not inherit a team that could win a playoff game. I don't think so. Anyone care to compare and contrast the first year of Mike Shanahan and Pete Carroll? They both changed the roster over pretty good in year one, and they both demanded that every player earn his keep on a daily basis. Carroll got one more win out of his team than Shanahan did...are we going to say he had a better year because of that?
6. I am a big believer in MLK Day. To cram the importance of what this man did for us all into one point in a post like this would be impossible. Instead, do yourself a favor and take a few moments to watch his speech and let that importance manifest itself.