Blasphemy I know
But it just seems that the Shanaallen (with the exception of the McNabb thing) are so desperate to seperate themselves from the Myriad mistakes that have bedevilled this franchise in the past that they are missing a unique opportunity.
OTAGWE, St Lois, FS, Turnover Machine.
I know they dont want to be the Big FA players, but surely this is just a no brainer to go for.
1. It frees Landry to play his correct position and lets us see what we really got with that pick, let him after the QB on Safety Blitzes etc and I think he'd be good
2. He played for St Louis so he knows how to survive and thrive (look at his TO stats) in a poor team, so its not like the Skins occasional dysfuncion will rattle him.
3. FS is our most glaring area of need, remember some ppl (foolishly but understandbly) wanted us to go FS with the #4 pick
4. Although solid our D did not create many turnovers, this dude is a Ball Hawk, and in todays NFL where really you cant play Defense thanks to the Polian Rules, Turnovers are what Defence is all about, he immeadeatly gives us this.
5. In case you didnt see before, this move basically gives us Two ELITE platers, Otagwe himself, and Landry to his true position.
What it means is we would lose a poor FS (Landry) gain a QUality FS (Otagwe) and gain a potenitally top drawer SS (Landry)
So I understand the FO's aversion to being the big FA players, but frontload his deal in this uncapped year, and you can maintain cap flexibility down the road and it fills a major hole.
I hate to say it, but in this case, it seems that Snyders way may be the right Way.