A. Main strategy is to trade players for picks.
1. Trade Santana Moss to Bengals for a 3rd round pick.
2. Trade RFA rights to Jason Campbell to Buffalo for their 2nd round pick or Jason Campbell to St Louis for their 2nd round pick.
3. Trade RFA rights to Carlos Rogers to Detroit for a 3rd round pick.
B. Trade player for other players
1. Trade LaRon Landry to the Saints for the rights to Jermon Bushrod (who gets a 4 year, 20 million dollar deal) and a 3rd round pick
2. Trade Andre Carter and Detroits 3rd round pick to the Rams for Chris Long.
This is mainly an upgrade of Skin's veterans for other teams veterans. With B. above, this only nets one 2nd round draft pick because the two third round picks are used to make deals for veterans. The 3rd round picks need not be used for veterans, but could be used in the draft. Landry and Carter could be used to obtain a draft picks as well. Carter admittedly played at a high level in 2009, but his age is getting up there and he is said to not be adaptable to the stand up OLB position. The Skins would still have two SS in Horton and Doughty. If B.1 is not done Landry would still be on the roster. Of course, this is all contingent on other teams being willing to make such moves.