TV:TV Announcers: Thom Brennaman & Brian Billick (again)Radio: 980 AM, 730 AM (Spanish), 94.3 FM and 92.7 FM
Sunday, Oct. 10th, 1:00 PM, Bank of America FieldWeather: 66 degrees, partly cloudyLine: Carolina -4, 37.5 (Both teams are 0-4 ATS)Injury Report: Hunter Smith (Out), Anthony Montgomery (Out), Cornelius Griffin (Questionable - elbow), Chris Samuels (Probable - "knee and shin ailments")...will update as they come in.Renaldo Wynn was waived to make room for the new punter, but he is expected to be re-signed onTuesdayUPDATE: MIKE WILLIAMS WILL START AT RIGHT GUARD
Stats of Interest:
- Redskins 7-1 all-time vs Panthers
- 7 of these 8 games have been decided by 4 points or less
- Panthers Defense Rank: Run (32nd), Passing (6th)
- Redskins Defense Rank: Run (22nd), Passing (4th)
- Panthers won ALL of their regular season home games last year
- Beason called out Peppers this week similar to how Portis did to Sellers
- Campbell threw for 2 TDs including a 66-yarder to Cooley last meeting
- Haynesworth had a career-high 3 sacks in his last meeting vs CAR (2007)
- Panthers are 8-0 when DeAngelo Williams rushes for 110+ yards
- Mushin Muhammad has 3 100+ yards games vs Washington
My Prediction: Redskins 23 - Panthers 24
HTTR....please prove me wrong.
What I'll be watching: Passion and Effort. It's obvious the team is imploding, but at 2-2, there is still hope this team can SOMEHOW pull it together. The players have to be confused by the front office moves to bring in a "consultant" coach. Will that undermine the players efforts? Perhaps...but if the team plays flat, it will be obvious this season is over.